Drone fell outta the sky

Reaction score
I'll post a video later but my friends mavic pro fell outta the sky. He was flying over the Willamette falls about 30' feet high. And it just fell outta the sky into the water. I watched the video and he didn't hit anything. It just literally fell outta the sky...

I'll post a video later but my friends mavic pro fell outta the sky. He was flying over the Willamette falls about 30' feet high. And it just fell outta the sky into the water. I watched the video and he didn't hit anything. It just literally fell outta the sky...
The first thing to look at in these cases is the battery level.
To get some insight go to DJI Flight Log Viewer
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone here might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.

I'm still waiting to hear back from him . I remember him telling me it was a full charge when he took off and wasn't in the air very long when it happened. From the video it looked like it didn't just drop straight. It kinda looked erratic and went down fast.

Last edited:
There are high tension power lines almost at the the start of the falls on the south side. I have flown there and almost hit them as they are hard to see on the display. Might he have hit one? Also many birds fly there. I don't want to clutter the post with my link, but you can search and watch it. Footage shows surrounding objects and terrain of this location. You can see power lines near edge of the start of the falls. My flight on you tube titled:
Phantom 3 explores Oregon city Willamette falls [URL='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSj13wza1sE']
[/URL]

Could also be that the Mavic lost a propeller. Without the flight log will be impossible to see what happened but if battery was full and he didn't hit anything. The only two other possibilities are compass error or a propeller felt out of the aircraft.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20