Drone Expo December 13th, 2014

The venue is At a location awesome to fly safely and I know lots of local guys plan on flying out and arond the venue grounds

I might fly all the way out there from Ohio if they will demo the Samsung Gear VR goggles coupled to the Inspire One's HD video downlink ??

This seems like the ultimate FPV setup right now, correct ??

eckoner said:
The venue is At a location awesome to fly safely and I know lots of local guys plan on flying out and arond the venue grounds

Stay low and inside the property lines and it should be fine. It's under LAX airspace and in a dense urban neighborhood with a busy freeway adjacent to it. LAPD helicopters transit and operate in the area a bunch so I'd keep my eyes and ears open too!!

I do, if you will buy me a round trip (first class) air ticket! Actually, I could write it off as a business expense, since I'm looking to carry drones and accessories. Hmm....

I'll be there.

SilentAV8R said:
Stay low and inside the property lines and it should be fine. It's under LAX airspace and in a dense urban neighborhood with a busy freeway adjacent to it. LAPD helicopters transit and operate in the area a bunch so I'd keep my eyes and ears open too!!

Class B starts at 2,500ft there. Hopefully no one will be venturing to such heights. Helis, on the other hand, are a city-wide menace and are everywhere.

ianwood said:
I'll be there.

SilentAV8R said:

Class B starts at 2,500ft there. Hopefully no one will be venturing to such heights. Helis, on the other hand, are a city-wide menace and are everywhere.

Yep, about 2,200 agl at that point. But the Class B comes to the surface almost immediately south of the parking lot. Plus, it squeezes VFR traffic into that 2,200 feet of airspace as well. I was working just across the 110 from there most of last week. There is a significant amount of both fixed wing and heli traffic there. I suspect on a weekend there may be more. Mostly just trying to note that there are a number of things to keep an eye out for. Plus, if you lose something outside the parking lot good luck getting it back!!

From looking at the info it is not even clear to me that they are going permit open flying. It will depend on what their use agreement says. I know that at the AMA Expo in Ontario every year the convention center there nixed all outdoor flying. True, that location is immediately north of Ontario airport, but the traffic pattern there never brings anything in that close and low. Mostly the convention center just dod not want it. Same thing happened at Pasadena before the AMA show moved from there.

Having said all that. I plan on being there and I will have my Phantom with me. But I will look closely at the situation before launching, if I do.

Here is a video o took at that venue last year

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPnvIo38twY[/youtube]

Well,
Looks like I will have my phantom with me :)

How about a phantompilot members meet next to this fountain on eckroner's video ..:)
1pm sharp ?

Open to othe suggestions

That would be in the Gardens (awesome place)

Im down to meetup would love to say hello to all

exposition-park-master-plan-overview-map-p1-normal.gif

And if you guys have never been there i highly recommend bringing a camera as well.
http://www.expositionpark.org/

So who's going to volunteer to hold up a giant phantom pilots sign? Ehem... not it! :D

My email is my sn at gmail
I plan to be there all day from 10 thru closing
Also perhaps if you guys are old enough and up to it maybe drinks after

I think there is an evening event at a nearby hotel getting more info now

I'll be easy to find. I'll be the one with the white phantom :mrgreen:

I'll be over there until at least Sunday morning or afternoon in that area.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl