Drone Etc and warranty

Reaction score
I am considering on upgrading my Phantom 2 Vision to a P3P. I found the possibility of a warranty in case of failures/crashes appealing. My one concern is the longevity of the companies offering this such as Drone Etc.

Does anyone have opinions or views data to help me make my purchase so that should I need to claim the warranty/insurance that the company is around?

I have insurance through Drones etc and the way I understand it, the insurance covers the drone and the rc. The camera is part of the drone, I would think, therefore, it should be covered under the accidental death insurance.

I have insurance through Drones etc and the way I understand it, the insurance covers the drone and the rc. The camera is part of the drone, I would think, therefore, it should be covered under the accidental death insurance.
Depends on how you define "removable"

That's interesting as the camera is one key component that I would want to protect from a bad landing.

They sell insurance plans?

I did not buy insurance from Drones Etc but I did put my set up from them. That being said, I also had an issue with the original unit they sent me. Not only was there no hassle, the communication was phenomenal, no jerking around, immediately sent prepaid shipping back to them, had it DOA'd immediately and a brand new one to me within a week. I would spend my money with them again without even thinking about it. For what it's worth.

Reactions: Vanjo Grale
So i posted about my experience with the insurance and Dronesetc, bit of a nitemare with the insurance company but thats kinda to be expected from any insurance company, but i was alittle disappointed that when Dronesetc returned my P3P, they returned with a load of stuff missing like sd card gimble clamp and the battery charger, i am awaiting an email reply this morning from Mandy to see what they are going to do, but in my opinion this is a little negative mark for Dronesetc even tho my experience with them up to this point has been fantastic (but mistakes happen ill keep you posted)

Neary Aerial Media has a plan that covers accidents. Had to use it already. Great communication, and it was fixed by Hani at UAV Repair Shop.

Reactions: Alex_
I have a question out to Drone Etc about whether the camera and gimbal are covered by the insurance however got a response from Joshua Kind from Drone Fly indicating that their insurance does cover the camera and gimbal. Only thing not covered is if you can not find your drone.

my camera/gimble was swapped out with the dronesetc insurance

Neary Aerial Media has a plan that covers accidents. Had to use it already. Great communication, and it was fixed by Hani at UAV Repair Shop.

Never heard of Neary Aerial. Anyone else have this policy? Any "catches" with the policy? Overall experience? Time from damaged drone to repaired and in your hands?

Says not covered right on their website. That's where I seen it.
Accidental Damage Insurance

So either it's a misprint or Becca don't know what she's talking about.
It did take me 4 emails back and forth with her just to get the receipt that never came with my p3p and is needed for an insurance claim I read.

Never heard of Neary Aerial. Anyone else have this policy? Any "catches" with the policy? Overall experience? Time from damaged drone to repaired and in your hands?

I've got a policy with Neary, he's really easy to deal with. I haven't used it, and hope I don't! But I have seen a few successful claim stories posted.

Says not covered right on their website. That's where I seen it.
Accidental Damage Insurance

So either it's a misprint or Becca don't know what she's talking about.
It did take me 4 emails back and forth with her just to get the receipt that never came with my p3p and is needed for an insurance claim I read.

The exact statement is: "Does not cover detachable/optional camera". That said, thus can be left to interpretation. It us for this reason I asked them to clarify. They did.

Now, if you still don't like it, don't purchase from them.

I read this as not covering optional detachable camera. The camera on the p3 is not optional not user detachable.

Just ordered a P3 from Drones Etc through Amazon. Thanks for this thread!

Glad to hear the good remarks on this thread about Drones, etc. I have not had to use my insurance but from what I hear, they do a good job of taking care of their customers. I also had to get a receipt and Becca sent it via fax in less than five minutes.

Reactions: AirApparent
There are only 2 warranties worth the paper they're printed on:

1. B&H 'drops and spills' square trade. ONLY at B&H.
2. Actual insurance policy from a real insurance company. (State Farm/whatever)

Everything else either has more fine print holes than Swiss cheese, they're expensive for what they offer, or they're offered by some random person who hasn't even been around a year. It's about as good as sending money in blind faith to any random dude on the internet, hoping that they will be around in 9 months and actually pay out.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl