Drone entangled into curtain strings

Reaction score
During my first flight which I foolishly tried inside my home, the drone starting behaving weird and got entangled into curtain strings, though physically it appears undamaged, any chance of it being damaged? Experienced members please advise...

I doubt there is much damage but I hope you learned something.....:)
Yes I did learnt...But amazingly I had tried 2-3 times before and was able to do some maneuvers..And it was flying nice...Don't know why it went out of control.. :(

Uhoh, I never fly inside in close quarters for just such reasons. Hope it's ok!

Reactions: jsy1176
Uhoh, I never fly inside in close quarters for just such reasons. Hope it's ok!
Thanks for wishes :) although it appears undamaged but I am just worried about its balancing issues, if any, after such accident...I had to untangle the curtain strings from its propeller blades..

Are the curtains ok??

It was claimed to be having sensors for collision avoidance..
What mode were you flying? That will determine which sensors were enabled. How much light was in the room when you crashed? The optical vision sensors don't work (well) under low light conditions.

What mode were you flying? That will determine which sensors were enabled. How much light was in the room when you crashed? The optical vision sensors don't work (well) under low light conditions.
It was in beginner mode, light was ample, cannot say very brightly lit...I had just pressed auto fly with no other maneuver...it just started running towards window although literature says it should go straight up and hover and wait for further instructions...

Best is not to learn inside, destined for a curtain roll and no hand applause, it might pick up a satellite or 2 even in beginner mode and then it will act weird, with you switch in atti mode it will not misbehave, unless you have strong wind in your house :) The level to do your first flights is from 1 to 10 comparing a open field and get use to GPS lock and stick toggles, happy flying

Sent from my 2014817 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: jsy1176
Inside... satellite lock is minimal... (worst performance possible)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31