drone doesn't generate lift...

Reaction score
good morning,
so im out the country with plans of doing so much epic shhhht. but when i fired up my drone at first it would take off a little but always pull forward without me telling it to. i figured it needed recalibration so when ahead and updated what needed. now when i try to get it off the ground its not going anywhere. when i use the move forward back stick it tumbles over.

i googled and searched what may be causing and came up with three issues DJI website says.

1. propellers aren't orientated correctly
2.Sensor error is too big, the system will not work. Please connect the assistant software, enter the “Tools” – > IMU calibration, watch the “IMU calibration” videos, carry out basic calibration or advanced calibration.
3.In order to prevent faulty operation, you need to execute CSC. Please check the user manual for detailed instructions.

so i chcked propellers, it looked fine.
checked IMU calibration...but when calibrating it just stays "calibrating" for about 15mins with no progress

i'm not sure what im doing wrong.

the assistant im using does say that my firmware is miss matched. not sure what that means..

can anyone help shed some light on what may be the issue and how i can solve this?
thanks in advance

info.
dji a2 assistant version 1.3
dji phanton 2 software 3.0
rc version 1.1

thegenius said:
the assistant im using does say that my firmware is miss matched. not sure what that means..

Connect to the asst software and update the software using the upgrade option on the top, then power cycle the phantom

Then try IMU calibration again

crash1sttime said:
thegenius said:

Connect to the asst software and update the software using the upgrade option on the top, then power cycle the phantom

Then try IMU calibration again

thanks
but ive tried that several times and it tells me that there are no updates available..

question..
the assistsnt your speaking of is the A2 or the phatom 2?

I would suggest you download a fresh 3.6 Phantom Assistant. Not sure where your getting the A2 from. The Phantom uses NAZA and not the A2 Flight Controller. 2nd time today the A2 has been mentioned in a post with regard to the DJI Software. Hughie got the RC Assistant trying to do a A2 firmware update earlier. Sorry if I've confused anybody as I'm a little confused myself :)

Did you mess with your gain in the assistant software? Had that problem and change the gain

IrishSights said:
I would suggest you download a fresh 3.6 Phantom Assistant. Not sure where your getting the A2 from. The Phantom uses NAZA and not the A2 Flight Controller. 2nd time today the A2 has been mentioned in a post with regard to the DJI Software. Hughie got the RC Assistant trying to do a A2 firmware update earlier. Sorry if I've confused anybody as I'm a little confused myself :)

imagine how confused i am...
i don't feel DJI makes this very user friendly for the novice guy...
but im determine to learn.

so ive uninstalled every software and upon reinstalling nothing starts...i get the MAC "program quit unexpectedly" screen everytime..

hmmm....

i'll try it on boot camp on PC side of things..

who said:
Did you mess with your gain in the assistant software? Had that problem and change the gain

i only changed the tilt speed and gain in the gimbal and the restriction limit (set it to 1000ft vertical instead of the 300ft)

thegenius said:
crash1sttime said:
Phantom 2 Vision+ Assistant Software v3.6

Software & Drivers > Phantom 2 Vision+ Assistant Software v3.6

thanks but im on the phantom 2 with h33d

this is what i used...

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download

after install it fails to open now

Its the same software no matter what link you use mate.

Im sure i read a post about setting the mode to the correct version in the software

Mode 1 is right stick throttle,, mode 2 is left stick throttle

crash1sttime said:
thegenius said:
crash1sttime said:
Phantom 2 Vision+ Assistant Software v3.6

Software & Drivers > Phantom 2 Vision+ Assistant Software v3.6

thanks but im on the phantom 2 with h33d

this is what i used...

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download

after install it fails to open now

Its the same software no matter what link you use mate.

Im sure i read a post about setting the mode to the correct version in the software

Mode 1 is right stick throttle,, mode 2 is left stick throttle

now this sound like whats going on...testing it out NOW...

all sorted out..
thanks for the help

issue was..

was in mode 1...so thst had me using wrong controls

Blows a fanfare ......... :lol:

Im glad it got sorted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31