Drone Deploy Questions?

Reaction score
For anyone that uses Drone Deploy I had a few questions.

1) Does it show battery life?

2) If battery gets low, does it return home?

3) Does it show live feed of camera?

4) Can you tilt camera with app or using the remote dial to angle camera during it's mission?

4) Can you tilt camera with app or using the remote dial to angle camera during it's mission?

Yes, unsure (haven't tried it), no, no.

1/ Here's a screenshot of DroneDeploy in action - battery life in lower left.
Screenshot_2015-10-20-12-23-56%5B1%5D-L.png

3 - No
4 - taken care of by DroneDeploy

Sweet, thank guys for the info! I guess question 2 is the only one I need to know, don't want to be waiting for the drone to fly back on low battery only to find out it isn't and then I can't make it back :)

Is there a way to test Drone Deploy mission after a new plan is synched in offline mode preparation and before we reach the area that will me mapped?

I'm trying it in offline mode for the first time!

Hey I have some follow up questions. Drone Deploy has seemingly been upgraded since this thread started. Now the answers are 1-4 YES!

My question is...has anyone been able to figure out 1) Can you spread a mission out over multiple batteries when surveying a large or irregular shaped area? 2) Is there any way to have it complete a mission without having signal from the RC?

I have some areas I would like to map out, however there's many tall-ish, obstructive trees near my takeoff area and the borders of my desired maps. I can tell by driving around the area that I have set an altitude that will be well above any obstacles and well below the 400' ceiling imposed by federal suggestion. Help anyone? I tried to chase my quad as it made its way around but it's much faster than I can maneuver around some of the fuller trees.

Hi my question is similar if the UAV loses signal can it continue the mission? My areas are similar they are elongated so may exceed the range.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

See my review at: 20 Acres with Drone Deploy

Once battery gets low, the software will beep and show the battery indicator in red. At 25% I hit the home button and brought my P4 home. The manual says to do this, so I don't know what it would do if you didn't. Maybe the quad would land where ever it was at the time?

Eitherway, I didn't move the quad, simply switched out batteries. I went back to my same plan in DD and tapped resume/fly and the P4 took off and went back to the previous waypoint and started from there, so you have some duplicate images.

The one cook feature is that based upon flight time, DD will tell you whether it is a multi-battery operation. You can then adjust altitude or overlap to reduce the mission to one battery. This will equal a lower resolution, however.

My mission was set for one battery at 14 minutes, but with 20MPH winds on the nose, it got to 25% power about 2/3 the way into the mission. No sweat. I finished with 491 images that drone deploy turned into a nice detailed survey.

I have also used it to map custom homes for Landscape architects and the 3D model it produces is pretty nice. However, getting the extra detail is a whole different post. You can see the out come of one on the bottom of my webpage for that services: Aerial Mapping & Surveys

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj