Drone delivery

• Thread starter Deleted member 109724
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 109724

Just to clarify, I NEVER intend to deliver anything with my drone out of fear of losing it or something, but a lot of people are asking if they can deliver stuff with their drones. I thought that was illegal at this point, especially when vlos rule is broken. What is the law today on delivering stuff with drones so I can pass of correct advice to my friends?
1528046582499.jpg

The only “laws” that matter when it comes to commercial “drone delivery” are the laws of physics and economics. It is an absurd notion that is being put out there to garner free advertising by companies like Amazon etc. Might as well be talking about delivering pizzas using Star Trek transporters. Pure science fiction

I'm wondering if it is legal to carry things by drone for delivery purposes, even if it is just for fun, like delivering a burger to your friend's house on his birthday as a fun prank. Is that legal or is there some law about delivering and leaving things by drone?

If you study the history of FedEx and the concept of an overnight freight industry in general, ‘they’ said it would never happen, and it would never be cost effective... So, will drone delivery ever become a reality? Absolutely! Maybe not tomorrow, but it’s coming. Also, I agree with the poster above who mentioned companies getting press from their interests in offering such a service on a mainstream level. We are nowhere near that point yet regarding equipment and regulations, but this industry is still in its infancy, and the sky is the only limit.

If you study the history of FedEx and the concept of an overnight freight industry in general, ‘they’ said it would never happen, and it would never be cost effective... So, will drone delivery ever become a reality? Absolutely! Maybe not tomorrow, but it’s coming. Also, I agree with the poster above who mentioned companies getting press from their interests in offering such a service on a mainstream level. We are nowhere near that point yet regarding equipment and regulations, but this industry is still in its infancy, and the sky is the only limit.
Pure fantasy! FedEx doesn’t have to deal with range limits counted in feet. Capacity measured in ounces. The ability to only operate in near perfect weather conditions. The inability to deliver product at all addresses. They also don’t have to worry about their unattended delivery vehicles being snatched up or disabled by anybody walking by..... The list is endless! The whole notion that this is even remotely possible is completely absurd and you know it

Pure fantasy! FedEx doesn’t have to deal with range limits counted in feet. Capacity measured in ounces. The ability to only operate in near perfect weather conditions. The inability to deliver product at all addresses. They also don’t have to worry about their unattended delivery vehicles being snatched up or disabled by anybody walking by..... The list is endless! The whole notion that this is even remotely possible is so absurd and you know it

I fully hear you and appreciate your opinion, but I also think that many of mankind’s biggest advancements may never have happened when they did if not for that ‘out of the box’ thinker who refused to stop trying. Entrepreneurs - a good and modern example being Elon Musk - never think about the issues you mentioned as limitations to their ideas but rather obstacles to overcome.

I fully hear you and appreciate your opinion, but I also think that many of mankind’s biggest advancements may never have happened when they did if not for that ‘out of the box’ thinker who refused to stop trying. Entrepreneurs - a good and modern example being Elon Musk - never think about the issues you mentioned as limitations to their ideas but rather obstacles to overcome.
Laughable..... even Elon Musk can’t “overcome” the laws of physics and neither can Dominos Pizza.

I hope that the only drones in the sky are being fully controlled by responsible individuals, not big companies using automatic processes. I think that is foolish any way you look at it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik