"Drone Crates" Phantom 3 Roller Case - Review video

Reaction score
I put a full video review of the Drone Crates storage box together and here's the link -
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If you Moderators feel that this should be in a different forum then let me know. Because it's a review and not just flying footage, I figured that this P3 forum is the place for it. Watch the video, read the info on the video and post your comments.
Thanks

Reactions: msinger
I sent the link to Drone Crates as well this afternoon and surprisingly with out even asking, they told me that a few cases went out with the battery holes to close together like mine and they want to send me the new version :) You just can't beat that for service. They also thanked me for a good honest review :)

I sent the link to Drone Crates as well this afternoon and surprisingly with out even asking, they told me that a few cases went out with the battery holes to close together like mine and they want to send me the new version :) You just can't beat that for service. They also thanked me for a good honest review :)
That's great that they will replace the case. Terrific service. Good thing you made the video and sent them the link.

Having only three batteries, I never thought to check if it would fit six until I saw your video yesterday. I checked my case last night and those two battery holes in question are spread out enough on mine to easily fit the batteries.

I also never noticed that there was an air hole on the right clip. In fact, I was disappointed that this case didn't have an air hole, so now I feel better that it actually does.

I've made a few suggestions since they started selling the cases. One that I would love is if the RC fit into the case with the charging port facing up. It would be so much easier to charge, assuming that its safe to charge that way. Another is to sell a raised plastic lid that fits over the top of the large hole below the RC. That way smaller items can be placed in that spot and the cover would prevent them from coming out when transporting the case. In your video, you use a small thin piece of foam for that purpose. It would be great to have something designed for that purpose which could also add some height to that hole so that the cover would be held in place with the lid.

Anyway, thanks for the fun review.

Reactions: Reed L
nice looking case so much more space then my more fashionable looking DJI hard case!

The case itself looks identical to the case that I have. The foam on the inside on the other hand, looks very different. DJI Phantom 3 Drone Case | Case Club
I'll make a review video this weekend if weather permits.

I think the outer shell is obviously standard for a few companies - with the types and quality of the foam inside that makes them different. What I would really like to see is the drone with the blades on fully protected with it being deep enough to have custom inserts up the sides of the blades cut into the case that totally protect and cover them, keeping them away from batteries and other spare parts. I really like this crate and I did look at them all before I bought. Of the top 3 this one was the same outer case and a few dollars cheaper then the Microraptor Pro and the Go Professional rollers. The Microraptor had the adjustable area that didn't thrill me and I just really like the clean cut look. I will be doing another review when I get the new case from them being that they had fixed the battery problem already. I also have bubble levels that I have installed on the case top like I was saying in the video. Yea it's just pimp'in it out basically but it sure makes it easy to do a quick gimble calibration along with giving me a totally level Launch Pad. Hey maybe some blinking lights and an air-raid siren for the landing pad next??? lol - nnno

That's great that they will replace the case. Terrific service. Good thing you made the video and sent them the link.

I've made a few suggestions since they started selling the cases. One that I would love is if the RC fit into the case with the charging port facing up. It would be so much easier to charge, assuming that its safe to charge that way. Another is to sell a raised plastic lid that fits over the top of the large hole below the RC. That way smaller items can be placed in that spot and the cover would prevent them from coming out when transporting the case.

The case itself looks identical to the case that I have. The foam on the inside on the other hand, looks very different. DJI Phantom 3 Drone Case | Case Club
I'll make a review video this weekend if weather permits.

I think the outer shell is obviously standard for a few companies - with the types and quality of the foam inside that makes them different. What I would really like to see is the drone with the blades on fully protected with it being deep enough to have custom inserts up the sides of the blades cut into the case that totally protect and cover them, keeping them away from batteries and other spare parts. I really like this crate and I did look at them all before I bought. Of the top 3 this one was the same outer case and a few dollars cheaper then the Microraptor Pro and the Go Professional rollers. The Microraptor had the adjustable area that didn't thrill me and I just really like the clean cut look. I will be doing another review when I get the new case from them being that they had fixed the battery problem already. I also have bubble levels that I have installed on the case top like I was saying in the video. Yea it's just pimp'in it out basically but it sure makes it easy to do a quick gimble calibration along with giving me a totally level Launch Pad. Hey maybe some blinking lights and an air-raid siren for the landing pad next??? lol - nnno

The case that I have from ClubCase has reliefs in the foam on the lid so that it doesn't put too much pressure on the props. The only thing that could be improved on this case is a "pelican like" pressure valve.

Reactions: Reed L

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31