Drone crash

Reaction score
Hello out there. Recently upgraded my phantom 2 to the latest version and did several flights. I then went to my iPad ground station programmed a couple of waypoints. Flight went off without incident and came back to the original position I allowed it to repeat the flight and on the first leg at some point the quad began to oscillate violently and descend rapidly until it crashed. Apparently the gimbal went crazy with violent oscillations and that seems to have brought down the phantom. Unable to get the gimbal working properly again. Any thoughts as to what went wrong and how do I get my gimbal working again

I have heard...that the gimbal can come loose and tear a flat cable. To prevent, there are clamps/guards that make it less likely to have separation. There is a careful dance to apply loctite to the gimbal bearing to restore horizon. I listened to several youtube videos on this, and have only this view and no personal experience (and hope not to). If you have done medium to sever damage, then you need $700 replacement camera. Not many partial steps short of remote/replace.

I had a lot of problems with my Phanton getting hung up with prop wash and crashing. I took off prop guards and went to turbo props.
I have been using the same set of props for 5 months now. No crashes. I live in Denver so flying at high altitude. The turbo props are great. Ed

I had a lot of problems with my Phanton getting hung up with prop wash and crashing. I took off prop guards and went to turbo props.
I have been using the same set of props for 5 months now. No crashes. I live in Denver so flying at high altitude. The turbo props are great. Ed

Hey Ed, what kind of Phantom are you flying?

Mclaren, where are you located?
You don't need to spend $700 on a new camera
Most of them are fixable. Let me know if you need any help.
Hani

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4