Drone crash captured

LOL! It hurts to be a newbie and not thinking the shot all the way through. At least it wasn't an Inspire 2.

Of course we all know that Part 107 only means you've studied and taken a test. It has no indication to skills or experience what so ever. I know several Part 107 operators who couldn't even pass the test a year later let alone understand the subject matter . . . . tsk tsk tsk

Thanks for sharing sir :)

Sadly, the link is to Facebook. I am one of the few people in the world who doesn't use it, so I will go without seeing the video.

Reactions: MTO
LOL! It hurts to be a newbie and not thinking the shot all the way through. At least it wasn't an Inspire 2.

Of course we all know that Part 107 only means you've studied and taken a test. It has no indication to skills or experience what so ever. I know several Part 107 operators who couldn't even pass the test a year later let alone understand the subject matter . . . . tsk tsk tsk

Thanks for sharing sir :)
As always, passing a test and being capable in practice are two different things.

Now here's an interesting FYI...

I work for one of the "big three" television networks. I had occasion to visit our Electronic News Gathering warehouse a few weeks ago and there was a woman there who was prepping a P4P for a remote crew. (We have a full spectrum of DJI goodies here). We got to talking and the interesting thing is that to fly for us, the pilot not only must have a 107, of course, but also has to fly a minimum number of documented hours per month and pass our own additional tests on a regular basis.

Quite a bit of onus for shots that are mostly a brief dramatic pull-back/up from a talking head.

And I hate to crap-talk the pilots we use but even with all the training and hours, I still see a lot of amateurish work from some of our folks in the field.

Food for thought.

Be careful out there.

As always, passing a test and being capable in practice are two different things.

Now here's an interesting FYI...

I work for one of the "big three" television networks. I had occasion to visit our Electronic News Gathering warehouse a few weeks ago and there was a woman there who was prepping a P4P for a remote crew. (We have a full spectrum of DJI goodies here). We got to talking and the interesting thing is that to fly for us, the pilot not only must have a 107, of course, but also has to fly a minimum number of documented hours per month and pass our own additional tests on a regular basis.

Quite a bit of onus for shots that are mostly a brief dramatic pull-back/up from a talking head.

And I hate to crap-talk the pilots we use but even with all the training and hours, I still see a lot of amateurish work from some of our folks in the field.

Food for thought.

Be careful out there.

I look forward to the day when there is a PRACTICAL exam as well as written for Part 107. It's badly needed and IMHO would give a lot more credibility to saying "I have my Part 107".

I think that your organization requiring certain actual Flight Skills is a huge plus. I wish more would adopt similar procedures.

To fly for Emergency Services at the local level (on State level it gets kind of over bearing lol) we have to be proficient on a test course, have a min # of total flight hours with a sUAS and also have a min# of hours on the exact sUAS you are applying to fly with. Keep in mind that Emergency Services type of flying and flying for News Gathering are night and day different. Our guys aren't trying to produce an aware winning product and probably couldn't pull of some of the buttery smooth shots y'all do daily. They are flying under tables, through windows and other tight manuevers with someone standing over their shoulder telling them "Hey do this.. Hey show me what's over there with your camera" LOL.

Interesting insurance case here. Flight insurance coverage or auto insurance coverage? Mid-air collision with a drone and a car. Would like to see how that would play out . One thing was for sure though. CAR 1, DRONE 0

Obviously having a 107 doesn’t mean you can fly well. Hopefully he was insured.

six munces.JPG

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4