DRONE BASE

Reaction score
I just saw a site called "Drone Base" for the first time. Apparently you can sign up with them and they will send you jobs to make some $$$ flying your drone. Has anyone else heard of it? Is this legit? Does this service have some sort of legal way around the FAA requirement of a Sport Pilot license to do pro work? Or maybe somewhere in the sign up process they let you know that you need one. They make it sound pretty simple though. Hmmmm.

After reading your topic I visited their site and registred. They just want a number and address and a ten question test after reviewing their guidelines and FAA stuff. The a link to your drone portfolio like YouTube. Now I'm waiting to hear back. I'll let you know what they say...

Reactions: Gary M
So the only thing so far is my application got approved and now im just waiting for a job. nowhere in their sign up process did it say anything about a pilots license... so im not sure yet. I emailed the guy who emailed me saying he is reviewing my application to see if I actually get a response back. then I will ask more questions.

I actually emailed them asking about this. I thought their response was kind of odd.

"Thanks for reaching out Gary!

Right now, we're collecting as much information from potential pilots around the globe. One piece of that information for US based pilots is the 333 exemption certificate or even if the application is pending approval.

You will see though that in our on-boarding process, our written test is based on the FAA's "Part 107 proposed regulations for commercial drone services" since we are trying to orient people on what is coming down the pipeline from the FAA in the next few months.

Once we have your information, we will be in touch!"

I get the feeling they were worried that I was fishing to get them in trouble. I know that even with a 333 Exemption you still need at least a Sport Pilot license to do business. I guess I was just hoping that there was some sort of way around that I hadn't heard of yet, lol!

Do you have your 333 Exemption? If so, how was the process in your case?

No i don't have it but I'll start looking into it to see what's going on... wonder if I'll get the same response

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj