Drone as terror tool - take down plane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I just read about the possible drone collision with a BA flight approaching Heathrow airport this morning. While it has yet to be confirmed that it was an actual drone, I can't believe any sane person would fly their drone anywhere near a commercial airport (or any airport for that matter).

With that said, I can see how someone would, as an act of terror, INTENTIONALLY use a drone to see if it could take down an aircraft. Given the large Muslim population in and around London and the state of affairs today clearly this is not a remote possibility. Thoughts and ramifications for the drone enthusiasts?

There are people on this forum who do some crazy things with their drones and don't care about "rules". Guess we have to wait to hear more on this incident.

I can't believe any sane person would fly their drone anywhere near a commercial airport (or any airport for that matter).

You might want to dig through this forum some more. Some people will do this kind of stupid act simply because they were told they COULD not. You'd be surprised how many people think that "operating a drone" is a Constitutional right and our laws (regulations) don't apply to drones.

There are people on this forum who do some crazy things with their drones and don't care about "rules". Guess we have to wait to hear more on this incident.

Exactly.

Reactions: EddieM and SGs
Given the large Muslim population in and around London and the state of affairs today clearly this is not a remote possibility.

I was unaware Donald Trump was a member of these forums. The more you know......
[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I was unaware Donald Trump was a member of these forums. The more you know......
[emoji849]

Ha ha now that is funny. I actually travel quite a bit to London and was just stating a fact. If you don't believe folks (including those tasked with maintaining security) are concerned about the immigration issues there then I just don't know what to say.

Reactions: BigAl07
I'm sure you are well intentioned, but perhaps saying "Considering the rise in terrorist activity....." Or something along those lines would be appropriate.

Highlighting the Muslim population as a security concern for a country is pretty offensive. Trust me, I'm not easily offended, but citing a largely peaceful religious group as terrorists because of the actions of a small subset is problematic.

Ha ha now that is funny. I actually travel quite a bit to London and was just stating a fact. If you don't believe folks (including those tasked with maintaining security) are concerned about the immigration issues there then I just don't know what to say.

Exactly.

Look out you'll hear from the "Politically Correct Police" any time now LOL.

Unfortunately this is taking the thread way off topic and I predict this thread is about to spiral down into "Lock Down" in 5....4.....3....2.....1......

Isn't this like the 5th post on the same thing...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: dirkclod
The answer is put a RC radio frequency jammer on commercial plane, it will only jam RC frequency and with a range of few hundred feet! Should be easy and inexpensive

I'm sure you are well intentioned, but perhaps saying "Considering the rise in terrorist activity....." Or something along those lines would be appropriate.

Highlighting the Muslim population as a security concern for a country is pretty offensive. Trust me, I'm not easily offended, but citing a largely peaceful religious group as terrorists because of the actions of a small subset is problematic.

BS

Reactions: BigAl07
Isn't this like the 5th post on the same thing...

Yes it is and am starting to get tired of all this that comes with it . Think I will get OT and report myself .

Last edited:
The answer is put a RC radio frequency jammer on commercial plane, it will only jam RC frequency and with a range of few hundred feet! Should be easy and inexpensive

Anyone using 2.4 or 5.8 GHz is not using RC frequencies.

It is ISM. This covers a lot of devices.

I think you missed his point. What you posted was racist. Nothing to do with a fact. If you wanted to post facts you would have used the word terrorist instead of Muslim. If you want to be racist... you'd use the word Muslim to include millions of people in the wrong group you are naming.

Study: White Terrorists Deadlier Than Islamists in the U.S.

Reactions: Propagandy
Precisely Tcope. Thank you for clarifying what I was saying in a concise manner.

Since this thread has degraded into a political thread lets just close this up now before it really goes South.

closed1_158111.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers