Driver installation Issue

Reaction score
Hi, New user here and just got a second hand phantom fc40.

Plugged in my battery and paired the remote with the drone and the LED on the front flashes yellow. Looked on you tube for a fix. I need to install software and drivers etc. OK popped over to dji.com and downloaded the required files. fired up the phantom. paired with the remote and attached the USB cable. Double clicked the install file for dji driver and get the error in the attached screenshot.

OK off to google. I maybe missing the usber.dll. OK download and copy to directory system32\drivers. try again. Same error, OK, reboot, Same error. Try on windows XP (i'm on windows 7) same error.

I've tried the "smack it" approach to no avail. has anyone any idea on how to solve this issue.

Many thanks in advance for your replies.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    6.5 KB · Views: 647
Drivers needed to be installed first. Then the Phantom Assistant exe. When it installs it asks what language and then completes installation. Then plug in phantom. Power on phantom and you will see and hear the infamous "new USB device found". Then start the Phantom Assistant software.

You will have to create a DJI account to connect to their server.

You will most likely have to uninstall what you have currently installed and start all over. You might also consider right clicking the exe file and " Run as Administrator ".

Good luck.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. It appears that the installation file is corrupt. No matter how many I download from dji.com.....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic