Drifts slightly when supposed to be still

Reaction score
Howdy Folks,

I am real new to the DJI Phantom but not quads in general. Out of the box I calibrated the compass and started to fly it in GPS mode. When I take my hands off the stick it drifts slowly to its right. The red light has stopped flashing before I launch it so I know I have a lock on lots of satellites. What do I need to do to prevent it from moving? IOC is turned off in the firmware.

sample: at about 40 seconds it isn't supposed to be moving. http://youtu.be/de6HL8CoOLI

Cheers,
Jonathan

They do move about a bit. I asked the same question and the GPS Hold "box" is up anything from 1 meter to 3 meters square. Unless it drifts off down the street in GPS mode I wouldn't worry too much.

In the video I didn't see many sections where you let go of the controllers for even a second. If you intended to go up and pan using yaw in gps mode this will tend to drift with the wind a little. If you want it to stay in one place you need to make sure you have done a recent full calibration and compass calibration. Take it up to a spot without many obstructions blocking the gps line of sight to the to the sky. If you set the throttle at 50% and dont touch the right stick it should stay fairly still but dependant on the gps signal. It may move around within a few meters if the signal isnt great but even in a fair breeze it does fairly well holding position.

Around big trees and power lines its likely you may have a weak gps signal and the power lines could have some effect on the compass so beware of this when flying in such areas in GPS mode. Also if the GPS signal gets too low it will revert to ATTI mode until the signal gets strong enough to go back into gps mode.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31