Drifting Phantom...NEED HELP PLEASE

Reaction score
hey guys,

well i am new in this world but I've done a lot of research about these things and i finally bought one a couple days ago. So i got a dii phantom 1.1.1 and i took it outta the box and set it all up. i upgraded the firmware to the newest firmware also before i even flew it. i downloaded the naza assistant software for mac that just came out a couple days ago. actually the same day i got this thing. but anyway onto my problem. the first time i flew it the gps mode worked great. it didn't drift at all. the second time i flew it it started to drift a little not bad at all. but today i re calibrated my TX and i tried to advance re calibrate my phantom through the naza assistant and the program just quit. so i reopened it and it quit again. i did this serval times and then it finally stays open and its still in the process of advance calibration and it said it finished a few minutes later. now when i fly it its all over the place in GPS mode. it will drift up down left right. it just won't hover in one spot. anyone have any ideas on what to try? i also calibrated the compass multiply times and it passes every time. i have no idea what to try. should i put the old firmware back on? any help would be great
thanks guys

The old firmware wont help. The firmware problems your hearing about are for the newer Phantoms. It may be that your GPS signal was weaker on subsequent flights. Or you could try doing the compass calibration dance in the other direction(Ie if you always rotate clockwise go counter clockwise). Also be very careful not to move your Phantom at all during power up and ensure it's on a level surface.
Failing all that reinstall the latest firmware(It sounds like it may not have completed) and be sure to load the Phantom default parameters as well.

Thanks I'll try rotating in the different direction while doing the compass calibration. And I'll try reinstalling the firmware. But I had over 6 satilites each time I flew it. And I never touch it while it's warming up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1