drifting in the p mode

Reaction score
I only been able to fly my 4 a few times. About a hour ago while I was flying in p mode I noticed it wanting to drift at about 70 feet up. It was about 40 feet out in front of me. I did not want to hold position like it had the past few times I flew I double checked to make sue the switch was in p mode. At one time it wanted to start to fly away but I regained control some how.. Another thing I saw when I hit the return to home it just wanted to land. It did not raise up to the 200 feet I had in the settings nor did it fly towards me. Any ideas ???
Also do I leave wifi turned on or off on my tablet. With it off I show no maps in my little box even tho it said a new home point was set at start up. Im hoping user error

If it's within a certain amount of feet from home location when you hit return to home it will just land, I don't remember off hand but I think it's 20 or 30 feet radius from home point

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

About a hour ago while I was flying in p mode I noticed it wanting to drift at about 70 feet up.
Were you flying in ATTI mode? It's still possible to fly in ATTI even when the PSA switch is in the "P" position.

I saw when I hit the return to home it just wanted to land
Was your Phantom within 20m of the home point? If so, that's working as designed.

RTH.png

Were you flying in ATTI mode? It's still possible to fly in ATTI even when the PSA switch is in the "P" position.

Was your Phantom within 20m of the home point? If so, that's working as designed.
hmmmm did not think to look at the display to see if it said atti mode. The return to home function,,,yes I was close to it. Maybe 30 feet or so. But why would it fly in atti mode if the psa switch was in the p position?

why would it fly in atti mode if the psa switch was in the p position?
That usually happens when the Phantom is not connected to enough GPS satellites, there is some kind of GPS related error, or there is some kind of compass error. If any of those things occurred, a message should have been displayed in DJI GO. You would also see those messages in the TXT flight log.

I plan to fly tomorrow again if I can and see how it goes. What about the wifi and maps not displaying. I think the wifi should be off or does it matter?

I use my galaxy s6 when I fly and don't turn anything off on it, others say to put it in airplain mode, so I would say up to you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

What about the wifi and maps not displaying. I think the wifi should be off or does it matter?
You can fly with the Wi-Fi off if you want to free up some resources on your tablet.

If your tablet does not have an Internet connection, you'll need to cache the maps in DJI GO before you head out to fly. Or, tether your tablet to your phone (if possible) when you get to the flying site to download and cache the maps before you take off.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20