Drifting Drone

Reaction score
Went up for a night flight over the lake to show off the cool lights to the family. Very hard to steer with zero fpv visibility. Of course she decided to have a mind of her own and started rotating on its own making directional flight home almost impossible. Any idea what could have caused this? Tried another test flight a few minutes later and had it hover around 2 m for a couple minutes. Noticed about one foot sway from side to side and about 6 inches play in the altitude. Help lol scared to fly again

hard to work out what the problem was from your description.
+/- 1ft horizontal and 6 inches in altitude is in spec
Perhaps unfamiliarity and pilot disorientation was a contributing factor?
It's a good idea to have plenty of practice in daylight before night flying.
Learn how to use the radar display and experiment with the return to home feature (and cancelling RTH and resuming control) before zooming off in the dark again.

When I see a problem I immediately land and reboot the Phantom. It is always stable after that, my experience any way.

BTW it does not see in the dark. You will for the most part be blind at night.
jmho

I always do, before a flight:

Turn all the app off,

Put on aircraft mode,

Turn on, wait some seconds, flight some meters away (high and distance), flight it back, leave it 1 minute just in the air and land (or hand catch). Turn off.. Turn on again and then i "start the session"...

It makes me feel much more confortable to get Longer flights (actualy not too long because im still a kid in this world).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj