Drift to the Left

Reaction score
Had a question on initial lift off. Everything checked out in NAZA mode GPS. IMU recently calibrated using advanced calibration. Checked level before performing the Cal. Still when I initially lift off the quad drifts to the left about 10 feet then eventually stabilizes and drifts back over the home point. After that its rock solid. Hasn't been a problem of any kind, but strange that it does that. It's done it since the very first flight.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Had a question on initial lift off. Everything checked out in NAZA mode GPS. IMU recently calibrated using advanced calibration. Checked level before performing the Cal. Still when I initially lift off the quad drifts to the left about 10 feet then eventually stabilizes and drifts back over the home point. After that its rock solid. Hasn't been a problem of any kind, but strange that it does that. It's done it since the very first flight.

Any ideas?

Thanks
I've read cases where the IMU unit within the Phantom was not installed level and the result was a constant drift. I see yours kind of "warms up" and stabilizes. Maybe the GPS is doing its thing and it catches itself. You would have to open your Phantom to check this. I'm just grasping at straws here but I've seen posts similar to yours and in a few cases it was a poorly installed IMU. Good luck and post back if you figure it out.

Actually only takes a 30 seconds or so. It lifts off straight up, shifts to the left, kind of gets its bearings, and drifts back. After that it hovers rock solid. I just figured it had to find it self, but wanted to see if this was normal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic