Drastically reduced range on P3S

Reaction score
I purchased two p3s just before Christmas. After we learned how to fly we gave both a range test individually. We got between 1500' and 1700', not bad given our suburban location. Since then 700' is the max if we're lucky. The RC and FPV signals both go from full strength to zero, not a gradual signal loss, it's either full or nothing. We tried from the exact location, flying the same route and we also moved to a more remote location and had the same results. Firmware seems to be the logical culprit, anyone else have this issue?

I'm new here. excuse my English. I use Google translator. I have the same problem since yesterday with my Phantom 3 standard . After only about 50-100 meters, it loses the signal and passes Return to Home a . Do you also have the latest version of 2.5.1 ? Was it with the 2.5.0 also so ?

I have also FULL or Nothing Signal.

Last edited:
Update your firmware. That's all I can think of, or make a windsurfer range extender.

I have the same issue. DJI has no answer to this, they say that they will send a replacement but thats easier said than done. I think I made a big mistake buying P3S.

I bought it from India. Sending it back to DJI will cost be BIG BUCKS. I will try talking to the local dealer first if he can repair it somehow.
What country do you live in?

I bought it from India. Sending it back to DJI will cost be BIG BUCKS. I will try talking to the local dealer first if he can repair it somehow.
The antenna could be shorted out.

$150!?! Good night! Yeah, you should have a local dealer look at it. :grimacing:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl