DR16 Receiver

Reaction score
hey how is it going. I bought this combo kit, the DJI DT7. I think its terrific, very easy to use, but I got a problem. On Sat I had a runaway but I think its because the propeller grab one of the antenna on the receiver and then it ran away. So after spending the weekend on replacing the propellers and looking for the receiver. I couldn't find it.

Is there a substitute for the DR16 receiver? It would suck to go out and buy another combo kit, because then I would be stuck with an extra remote control.

Thanks

Hey Martin, I did a bunch of searches for you, trying to find a definite answer, but they seem to be in short supply. I also saw your post in another thread, so I know you are searching too. If you can find a P1.1.1 receiver on a site that guarantees money back if dissatisfied, I'd go for it, just to try. I just built an F550 and used the same DT7/DR16 combo and they are great together, so I see your problem. On mine, I secured one antenna lead on the bottom of a motor arm and let the other swing free UNDER the bird. Never a problem with props yet. Hope you find something...

Reactions: martin19117
hi, thanks for your help. Ill look into it. I finished building the F450 and in the future I would like to build the F550. Looking back, I wished I had secured both antennas instead of just the receiver it self. Maybe with some good clear tape on the end of the antenna and tape it on different parts of the bird.

On the remote, I don't see a bind button, if I do find it, ill purchase it but hopefully it binds the same way as the DR16 receiver.

On the remote, I don't see a bind button,

That's correct, no bind button on the transmitter. The function is accomplished on the receiver, and the transmitter simply needs to be powered on.

Hmmm, I did more searching to try to clarify, but found nothing. I would contact the company and ask their support team directly if their DSMX receiver would be compatible with a DJI DESST transmitter. Sorry, but that's all I can come up with...

hi, this been a really good learning curve. from this experience, I learned the dt7 is a very good combo. 10+. I went and bought the spectrum DX6e with receiver. The conclusion, is does the job but its not as stable as the dt7. I don't know whether the engine got damaged or something else. maybe it just needs fine tuning, on the spectrum.

I was thinking about buying the DJI A2 since it comes with the DR16 receiver built in, but maybe in the future. I do want to build another quad. so the extra remote should come in handy, but the A2 is $$500+.

for now the spektrum should be good. but doesn't have the fail safe.

I don't know whether the engine got damaged or something else. maybe it just needs fine tuning, on the spectrum.

Glad you got something you could use. What damage or symptoms are you experiencing? Is it flying?

its not as smooth as before, before it would hold altitude much more stable within half inch, now its more like an inch to two. on the naza assistant program you can see the throttle and all the other channels move erratic. it might need more fine tuning. On 2 engines, I noticed when its spun, you can hear noises when it spins. It might be a combination of fine tuning and 2 engines that are damaged. the propellers where replaced because they would broken. The long antenna, I glued it to the rear leg of the quad since its always going to be facing me.

I found a replacement for the DR16 receiver.

I found it on ebay from a supplier in florida.

Its plug and play. Turn on the remote then the drone amd wala. It works. Ioc and flight modes are done automatically.

Attachments

• DJI-receiver-1.jpg
    DJI-receiver-1.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 628
  • IMG_20170413_165024723.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 484
  • IMG_20170413_202114645.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 527
Hey Martn, that's the one I was referring to in my first response. The P1.1.1 and P2 with two antennas is the deal. It's always best to stay with the same manufacturer if possible. That's not to say that mixing products from different manufacturers won't work, but many are not compatible at all, and those that work, work marginally at times. So you should be quite pleased with this setup.

Like they say in the Chinese restaurant, "Enjoy..."

i trie the Spektrum DX6e with AR610, as best I tried, I couldn't make it that stable compared to the DJI remote/receiver. I just have to plan now so that flyaway don't happen again. Other than that, thanks for your help. took time to find, but well worth it.

10-4 martin, fly safe/ fly happy:cool:

I found a replacement for the DR16 receiver.

I found it on ebay from a supplier in florida.

Its plug and play. Turn on the remote then the drone amd wala. It works. Ioc and flight modes are done automatically.
Hey man I know its 3yrs later but did it work with the DT7 receiver part 5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31