Dpi Pilot app disconnected?

Reaction score
My brother purchased P3A last week Tuesday and received it a few days later on Friday. We took everything out and set it up as normal updating the aircraft first to the most current software with success. Next we opened up the Dji Go app using my iPad Mini 2 and was immediately prompted to update remote and all went well. Did a power cycle of both RC & aircraft and now Dji Go App says "Disconnected". I tried using a few different iPad cables and nothing. I tried using my Galaxy Note 6 to connect to the app and nothing. I deleted the app on both my iPad Mini 2 and Galaxy Note 6 and re-installed and still nothing. I went as far as overnighting Dji updated HDMI usb board and still nothing. Is there anything people I could be doing wrong??? I really need help here!!!

There is a step to login to DJI with the GO app so the new P3 is activated for a given DJI account? Maybe this?
I don't remember exactly the details as it was some months ago and it was with the Pilot app.

@Dronason Yes when we initially powered on the aircraft out of the box we activated the P3A...That was a success as well! I'm assuming i'm getting no power to the usb board for whatever reason. I went as far as taking the HDMI board that I overnighted and placed it on my P3A RC and voila all works well. I placed the new HDMI board back on his RC and no connection IOS or Android.

@Dronason Yes when we initially powered on the aircraft out of the box we activated the P3A...That was a success as well! I'm assuming i'm getting no power to the usb board for whatever reason. I went as far as taking the HDMI board that I overnighted and placed it on my P3A RC and voila all works well. I placed the new HDMI board back on his RC and no connection IOS or Android.
Did it work without the HDMI board (through the original USB port)?

My brother purchased P3A last week Tuesday and received it a few days later on Friday. We took everything out and set it up as normal updating the aircraft first to the most current software with success. Next we opened up the Dji Go app using my iPad Mini 2 and was immediately prompted to update remote and all went well. Did a power cycle of both RC & aircraft and now Dji Go App says "Disconnected". I tried using a few different iPad cables and nothing. I tried using my Galaxy Note 6 to connect to the app and nothing. I deleted the app on both my iPad Mini 2 and Galaxy Note 6 and re-installed and still nothing. I went as far as overnighting Dji updated HDMI usb board and still nothing. Is there anything people I could be doing wrong??? I really need help here!!!
Do you have 1.3.2 on the Controller and 1.4.1 on the Phantom?

@Dronason I took my Brother's stock usb board and placed on my P3A remote and got nothing. Now I took the newly purchased HDMI usb board and placed on my P3A remote and got connected. But when I connect the new HDMI usb board to my remote, I still can't connect to app. @bobmyers How can I check what version the remote has if I can't get connected to the app??

@Dronason I took my Brother's stock usb board and placed on my P3A remote and got nothing. Now I took the newly purchased HDMI usb board and placed on my P3A remote and got connected. But when I connect the new HDMI usb board to my remote, I still can't connect to app. @bobmyers How can I check what version the remote has if I can't get connected to the app??
What version upgrade did you install on the Controller and on the Phantom. Did you check the text file on the SD card to see?
If you installed the latest copy of the Go App on the Controller, it should automatically update to 1.3.2 if it hadn't already. Put the 1.3.2 bin file on an SD USB reader and put it in the controller. Turn on the controller and see if it up dates.

@bobmyers I downloaded the 1.3.2 bin file but P3A remote is not even recognizing the jump drive plugged into the usb port. I tried a few different jump drives and remote doesn't recognize none of them. This is a brand new HDMI usb board I installed yesterday. Im thinking something internal inside the remote went bad?

@bobmyers I downloaded the 1.3.2 bin file but P3A remote is not even recognizing the jump drive plugged into the usb port. I tried a few different jump drives and remote doesn't recognize none of them. This is a brand new HDMI usb board I installed yesterday. Im thinking something internal inside the remote went bad?
Did you install 1.4.1 to the Phantom? and was it successful according to the txt file on the SD card?

@bobmyers Yes I did. The aircraft was the first thing to be updated. When I powered up the Dji Go app it prompted me to update the remote which I did as well. What's funny is that the aircraft functions 100% but without app sync...

@bobmyers Yes I did. The aircraft was the first thing to be updated. When I powered up the Dji Go app it prompted me to update the remote which I did as well. What's funny is that the aircraft functions 100% but without app sync...
I know that when I upgraded to 1.3.2 on the Controller and the Phantom, that I had the same issue, the picture would come up, but drop after about 5 seconds and the camera would go limp. I proceeded to do the Phantom to 1.4.1 -- after that upgrade finished, it connected and held.
Maybe you don't actually have 1.3.2 on the Controller. Will your computer read the USB card with the SD card? If it does, is the 1.3.2 bin file the only thing on the card?

@bobmyers PC does read SDcard and all it shows is the DCIM folder for the pics and the 1.4.0 bin file. Should I place the 1.3.2 bin file on the SD card as well?

@bobmyers PC does read SDcard and all it shows is the DCIM folder for the pics and the 1.4.0 bin file. Should I place the 1.3.2 bin file on the SD card as well?
If it shows the file, it is reading it. Format the card in the PC so that it erases the DCIM folder and the 1.4.0 bin file. Place the 1.3.2 bin file on the SD card-- put the USB reader and SD card with 1.3.2 bin file in the controller. Turn the controller on and see if it will upgrade.
Get back and let me know if that was successful.

What version of RC did you have?
The B model of RC cannot be updated with a USB stick, only A model. The B can be updated only via the GO app.
As @bobmyers said, (if you have A model), format your card and put only 1.3.2 bin file on it.
When I installed the HDMI module on my A version, I had to re-update the RC, even if it was the same and latest version, but I had connection. On my advance with a B version, the update was done directly by the app. On both the version reported was strange with a "+" at the end. But that was some time ago
2015-10-06 07.51.04.jpg

If you have 2 P3, you can try to link the other RC to the advance and vice-versa so you can crosscheck if advance is ok.
Try to start from a basic version as it comes from factory (no HDMI board). If you have an extra stock USB board, check that it is the same as the stock one in the advance. I don't know if the difference between the A and B model is only the USB board (they are for sure different).
Also maybe you need to be connected to internet before the upgrade process for the B model so the GO app can download latest firmware.

When I have problem of connection like that, it is matter of USB cable/connector and a plug out/in of connector turn the "ENTER CAMERA VIEW" from grey to blue. Sometimes it even requires that with the GO app open, I plug the cable out/in and select "GO app" on the popup windows that comes after the USB is connected. But at the end it works.

@Dronason The P3A remote I'm having issues with is a B model. My remote is a A model. I can't even get the B model to recognize the Dji Go app so I can't even run the update. Like I mentioned it seems the usb port is not getting any power. When I plug in a IOS device to the B model, I don't even get the pop-up that says "Trust or Don't Trust". When I plug a Android device into the B model, I don't even getting the charging indicator nor to select this is a primary usb device. I think i've done all the troubleshooting I can. I'll just have to give Dji a ring and see what they say. Can't thank @Dronason & @bobmyers enough for trying to fix this device.

I had a situation where my app incorrectly told me I had a P3S (I have a P3P). No amount of powering up and down in different orders would convince it that I had a P3P. And if course if I shrugged my shoulders and tried to go with the app, it would not connect properly.

I uninstalled/reinstalled the app several times to no avail until finally I uninstalled and then deleted all dji-related folders and reinstalled with success.

I'm not saying this is your problem, but it's a simple check in case it's just bloody-minded software.

@deepeshdotcom I'm trying to get stuff here fixed not play let's make fun of someone because of a typo. Some of you all need to grow up, but thanks Genius...

When you uninstalled the app did you manually delete left-over folders? For me that made the difference.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20