Downtime between flights?

Reaction score
Morning all, just a quick question. I know most of us have multiple batteries. How many flights do you do before allowing the bird to rest and cool down. I have 2 batteries and switch them out and jump back in the air with no issues...anyone do the same with 3, 4 batteries...will be doing a shoot at a local dirt track and want to know the longest I can stay in the air and still not have heat issues.

lsteigerwalt said:
Morning all, just a quick question. I know most of us have multiple batteries. How many flights do you do before allowing the bird to rest and cool down. I have 2 batteries and switch them out and jump back in the air with no issues...anyone do the same with 3, 4 batteries...will be doing a shoot at a local dirt track and want to know the longest I can stay in the air and still not have heat issues.

I have four batteries and I have, on several occasions, flown all four one after the other. I've never noticed a problem. There is a video on DJI where they fly one of their larger birds (I think the S800 or S1000) for like 24 hours straight. They have it tethered in a building and attached to a power supply.

Dirty Bird said:
lsteigerwalt said:

I have batteries and I have, on several occasions, flown all four one after the other. I've never noticed a problem. There is a video on DJI where they fly one of their larger birds (I think the S800 or S1000) for like 24 hours straight. They have it tethered in a building and attached to a power supply.
I think that test was even 72hrs continuous flight :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj