Download the GO app?

Reaction score
Where's the best place to download DJI Go app? I tried the DJI site, and the file DJI-Go.apk said it would take over 3 hrs. That can't be right. I haft'a install GO before I can install firmware 1.6....
I used to LIKE computers. :(

Best place to download from is Google Play for Android and App Sore for iOS.

That would depend on what you are trying to download to, what is your operating system?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Didn't give a location to go to. Don't I have to DL & then install on the memory card? I'm on Win 7.
I just got my P3 so not familiar with all the stuff yet.

So only ios and Android are supported for dji go. You need a mobile device or tablet to run that app on, it won't run on win7. You also cannot control the phantom using a pc, having a tablet or smart phone is required and that's where the dji go app comes in.

If you are trying to get firmware, you download that zip file from the dji site, extract the .bin file to your pc and then copy that file to your sd card from the phantom. Follow the steps in the manual for more info on updating firmware :)

Didn't give a location to go to. Don't I have to DL & then install on the memory card? I'm on Win 7.
I just got my P3 so not familiar with all the stuff yet.
No you don't have to download and install - that's the backdoor method when all else fails.
The usual method is to go to google Play on your tablet and install from there.

DJI Go App is not yet available for Windows where you download and install. You need to get an Android device or iOS device.

Yes I know that. Someone asked what operating system I was on. I have a new Nvidia Shield K1 that I'm charging but haven't tackled yet. I don't have wifi yet so am trying to install the GO app & the 1.6 firmware via memory chip. Maybe I can't. Frustrating, it seemed simple enough when I was just reading about it (prior to delivery)

Yes I know that. Someone asked what operating system I was on. I have a new Nvidia Shield K1 that I'm charging but haven't tackled yet. I don't have wifi yet so am trying to install the GO app & the 1.6 firmware via memory chip. Maybe I can't. Frustrating, it seemed simple enough when I was just reading about it (prior to delivery)
i get ya! that makes more sense man, we weren't trying to bust your balls :) Try these links for the APK:

DJI GO APK Download - Free Media & Video APP for Android | APKPure.com

DJI GO 2.7.1 APK

those should both get ya the latest DJI go for Android. Copy to your memory stick and open in Android file explorer and you should be able to install it fine.

edit: the files are 91.7mb fyi

Jeez, sorry to be a pain, but this is frustrating. I got the DJI-GO.apk file on the micro card, but how the H do I get it on the Shield K1?

Jeez, sorry to be a pain, but this is frustrating. I got the DJI-GO.apk file on the micro card, but how the H do I get it on the Shield K1?

Put the micro card in the device and then on your device, you should have a file explorer type application .. or something called "my files" or 'ES File explorer'. Open that and you should see your memory card in the list. Open that folder/path and you should see the DJI GO_v2.7.1.apk file, touch/click it and it should start the install process. If you don't have file explorer you will need to download one, but i'm pretty sure the Shield has it preinstalled.

No joy. No file explorer (or I'd have been all over that). My Nvidia says firmware 1. Can't find an update for that.
When I look at my Shield K1 on my computer explorer, it shows an "Internal storage" folder, & the .akp file (91.7 MB) & a bunch of other folders in it. If I dbl-click the akp file, it copies it (somewhere) & does nothing. Restarting does nothing. I have a bunch of "apps" on the Shield screen, but no DJI icon.
I'm lookin' for the ES file explorer.
Frustrated all day. :(

No joy. No file explorer (or I'd have been all over that). My Nvidia says firmware 1. Can't find an update for that.
When I look at my Shield K1 on my computer explorer, it shows an "Internal storage" folder, & the .akp file (91.7 MB) & a bunch of other folders in it. If I dbl-click the akp file, it copies it (somewhere) & does nothing. Restarting does nothing. I have a bunch of "apps" on the Shield screen, but no DJI icon.
I'm lookin' for the ES file explorer.
Frustrated all day. :(
OK, copy the APK file into the Internal Storage folder.
On your Shield K1 find the app called "ES File Explorer" and launch it.
Using ES File Explorer, navigate to where you saved the APK file and tap on it to install it.
The tablet may tell you that you need to "Enable unknown sources" in the system settings, but it should walk you through how to do that.
Let me know if you need further help.

EDIT:
As an aside - you're not really going to have a good time with that tablet without WiFi - that should really be the absolute next thing you sort out ;)

OK, I have the es-file.akp & the DJI-Go.akp in the internal storage folder. Neither show on the Shield screen.
I'll work on getting the wifi set up, maybe that'll help.
I can't start the motors with the csc, everything is charged up.
****. I think something more serious is wrong.

You really really need to get connected to wifi. You're making the most simplest task into something more complicated than your skills and computer knowledge.

I don't own a Shield, so I have no idea what apps are already installed. You need to find an app that shows you the individual files on your tablet. If you have this then find the AKP file and open it... it should give you the option to install it.

Anyone tell me how to launch or install the .apk files? Should they show on the Shield app page?
Sorry I didn't reply earlier - was commuting.

Just a couple things I need to know to help you further, and I'm happy to help.

1. Is this your first Android device?
  2. Do you have any prior Android knowledge?
  3. Are you aware that there are more apps installed on the tablet than are visible on the "home screen"?

1- yes
2- no, just PC's
3- no, I scroll sideways but that's all I see. No "explorer" thingie.

I have the .akp files on the tablet but no way to launch them. :(

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic