downgrading to 1.08 ?

Reaction score
hi.
My p2 was in factory for warranty repairs and it came back with 3.x firmware installed. P2 is working nice with this firmware..but i dont like how quad is flying now, so i just did downgrade to 1.08

Before i go flying.. :roll:

Does anyone have had any downsides in downgrading .?
Problems with gimbal (h3-3d) after downgrading.?

I tried 1.08 once (after being at 3.2) and twice after only a couple minutes of flight all the lights started blinking red and it went into that auto-land mode where you still have lateral control but it forces you to descend. Luckily I was able to get back to myself and grab it before it landed somewhere bad.

When it did it 2 times in a row I said screw it, went back to 3.x latest but during those few minutes it flew the gimbal was fine

but that was just my experience.. I know plenty of folks here run 1.08 with no issues

Wished I knew why some people can have luck with some firmware and not others. Is it the phones or tablets causing the problem?
I can run only Android 1.08 with app. 1.38 or I have problems with FPV cutting out. Use Nexus 7 (2013). Would like to upgrade for some features but everytime I try get same results. Strange.

Did a quick test flight. All looks to be ok. It was wery windy, in take off p2 did moved a lot sideway..like a big loop, and i had to compensate with controls to keep it in area i wanted, after a while it start to maintain position. I will wait for wind to come down and go for
another try. I had my laptop with me so i was allso playing with gains a bit. I have been reading about gain settings a lot, but still dont quit understand how to set them right! ..im a little stupid that way i ques ;)

i did update to 3.6. now the gimbal has only two positions, up or down.
done all calibrations, actually gimbal gain setting option is quite good..
Any ideas how to get whole range of positions of gimbal tilt back.?

you need to re-calibrate the x1 lever in the RC ASSISTANT app and THEN the phantom assistant app

Cloud9 said:
I've noticed this lately. Why are so many folks downgrading to 1.08 what's the flight difference?

The difference is huge in terms of speed. All firmwares after 2.0 have substantially reduced speed due to the max tilt angle is limited. You can get some of the speed back in ATT mode, but still won't be as fast as 1.08.

The latest firmwares also limit your descent speed so as to reduce your chance of VRS. 3.06 should eliminate TBE, which 1.08 would be more prone to doing. However, I haven't had to deal with TBE, so that's not an issue for me.

Take a look at the firmware notes for the specific changes.

http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... tes_en.pdf

I've stayed with 1.08 because I shoot DH Mountainbiking and I the speed to keep up with my riders.

I noticed that too. I flew with 1.08 this weekend and was astonished by the max tilt in forward flight. I got the entire front arms in the video. Speed must have been 18m/s (in GPS mode!). And that was with 8" P1 props, I found they are even faster than the 9".

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj