downgrading rc firmware P4P

Reaction score
Hi I have a P4P and upgraded the RC firmware to 01.04.01.00 but then decided not to upgrade the AC itself.
I know there is an option on the app if you go to the home screen and hold the menu button for 10 seconds it opens a menu to allow you to downgrade.
I did this and got as far as the dropdown box which contains the current and previous firmware options, however on mine it only has the current and not the last one which I was on only a few days ago.
Ive seen this being done on a P4P on youtube but for some reason on mine, the previous one isn't on the dropdown box.
Has anyone any idea how I can get around this as I would really like to roll it back to the previous RC firmware?

Thanks

AFAIK there's no 'official' way to roll back the latest firmware - this option was removed for (according to DJI) security reasons

AFAIK there's no 'official' way to roll back the latest firmware - this option was removed for (according to DJI) security reasons
Really? since when did they do that? the option to go into the menu is still there though.

Really? since when did they do that? the option to go into the menu is still there though.

It happened with the latest firmware. when DJI first released it, we were given the option to roll back but following the release of several hacks which exploited the older versions they were removed.

ah ok.. thats a pain in the a**
I suppose I'll just have top go with the latest AC firmware then and hope for the best

ah ok.. thats a pain in the a**
I suppose I'll just have top go with the latest AC firmware then and hope for the best

We've seen no issue with it on either of our P4Ps - the range issues which we noticed in the previous versions seems to be resolved

We've seen no issue with it on either of our P4Ps - the range issues which we noticed in the previous versions seems to be resolved
That's good. I hope I'm that lucky. I've seen many things written about complaining of causing issues. I often wonder though.. I see so many issues from it but not many people say it worked out well for them, but I also have to think all the ones who it worked well for probably don't write on forums to say so whereas most who have issues will, giving a false impression of good vs bad.

That's good. I hope I'm that lucky. I've seen many things written about complaining of causing issues. I often wonder though.. I see so many issues from it but not many people say it worked out well for them, but I also have to think all the ones who it worked well for probably don't write on forums to say so whereas most who have issues will, giving a false impression of good vs bad.

pretty much spot on - as long as you update the remote first and then (if you have access to a PC) do the update to the drone via the Assistant 2 app (with a fully charged battery) everything should be fine.

pretty much spot on - as long as you update the remote first and then (if you have access to a PC) do the update to the drone via the Assistant 2 app (with a fully charged battery) everything should be fine.
Hi just to let you know, i did everything as supposed to last night with the pc and dji assistant and all went well. Gave it a quick test flight in the dark. No connection problems, no link issues, no cam feed issues.. it did sway a little and move up and down but I put that down to it being in the dark and the sensors not being able to see.. i will try a daytime flight today and a proper range test on the weekend. Feeling happy now :)

I haven't even installed DJI Assistant, drivers are unsigned. But, I have kept my drone and RC up to date with just DJI Go 4, that is all that has been required to update every time. Never had to transfer files or do any of that stuff, just link and follow instructions.

Hi just to let you know, i did everything as supposed to last night with the pc and dji assistant and all went well. Gave it a quick test flight in the dark. No connection problems, no link issues, no cam feed issues.. it did sway a little and move up and down but I put that down to it being in the dark and the sensors not being able to see.. i will try a daytime flight today and a proper range test on the weekend. Feeling happy now :)

Congrats on getting it working but just remember that you just permanently crippled your bird and gave COMPLETE control of when and where you can fly to DJI. So the first time you get the dreaded "cannot take off" message just remember you were WARNED to leave it alone and not tinker with the firmware.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20