Downgrading is official

Thanks - do you know if it's possible to force (P3) RC FW downgrade /Refresh from USB? - I have RC that will not recognise it's cable connected from P3A via USB to lightning IPAd after a failed FW upgrade

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

It appears you can downgrade too, from any firmware version!!

I read somewhere it was as easy as taking out and erasing the black box sd card (the one glued in) - then you can install whatever you like.... (havn't tried it myself - so cannot vouch it works)

Re-enforced on that thread by the fact someone mentions the min version is stored in a config file on that card.

Last edited:
lawrie im not sure. this was done on a phantom 3 pro. i dont know of any other ways to flash the drone besides the sdcard,

Thanks guys, Ozz are you referring to SD card in the Phantom or the RC? (I'm assuming there is one in RC, but that could wrong) - my problem is with an RC specifically (for P3A or P3P as they are the same).

i dont know how to upgrade/ downgrade the rc. I have never even upgraded or downgraded mine so im not familiar with the process.

Ok thanks, seems many folk including me, if they encounter problems with RC upgrade (say it's accidentally interrupted) cannot recover the RC, so I'm persisting as a bricked RC from firmware UG fail just must be recoverable somehow..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1