downgrade rc from 1.9.3 to 1.8.0 P3A

Reaction score
Hi all.
So rc upgrade to 1.9.3 broke my video feed.
When I use the standard procedure to downgrade, i can only get to 1.6.0, 1.8.0 fails.
If i could get an image for 1.8.0 (or another between this and 1.9.3) and try it from usb connection, maybe my video will come back.
Ideas?

GT

Note: If you use 1.08, the RC version will be 1.6

my drone already is on 1.11.20, so i do not think i can go that low on the full firmware.. i am just trying to fall back to 1.8.0 on the RC.... the links i see here are to the drone firmware images...
I know it worked on 1.11.20 drone and 1.80 on rc, but broke when i upgraded only the RC to 1.9.3 via the app.... That is why i am thinking of downgrading only the RC....To use 1.60 i would really have to downgrade the drone, and my understanding is that it is not possible....

GT

Hi all.
So rc upgrade to 1.9.3 broke my video feed.
When I use the standard procedure to downgrade, i can only get to 1.6.0, 1.8.0 fails.
If i could get an image for 1.8.0 (or another between this and 1.9.3) and try it from usb connection, maybe my video will come back.
Ideas?

GT
RC firmware is downloaded through the app, not with a FW bin file on a card.

Reactions: JoBe
RC firmware is downloaded through the app, not with a FW bin file on a card.
Exactly, so there's probably some url or archive for those, but i cannot find it.... my app is aware of the 1.80..

I just did a full reset on the RC (c1/c2/rec/ISO/Power) and it kicked me down to 1.9.2 RC ver. and so far ok, i need to do more testing....

no dice, 1.9.2 worked 2 times, then stopped... What is weird, when i power on the drone, even with radio off, the led on the camera NEVER even blinks.. however sometimes when it goes green, everything is ok... I reseated all the cabling,m and find it hard to believe it's not a firmware issue - but... Can someone with P3A confirm what the status of gimbal LED is when powering on without the radio turned on?

Can someone with P3A confirm what the status of gimbal LED is when powering on without the radio turned on?
Without the RC on the status light on the gimbal will be red. The sequence should be update RC first ( with aircraft off ), then update aircraft ( with RC off ), after update, power down AC. Then power up in normal power on sequence.

ok, in my case there is no light on the gimbal at all, although gimbal itself works just fine.... When the drone "wants to" work, then the lights on the gimbal work properly....
Still, it does work ok right after i do something weird - like reset the rc, or power the drone with the pairing button pressed..... that is why i did not suspect cabling...
Very strange.. It worked for a long time, about 2 years, but then i did not fly it for about 6 months.....
Quite annoying!

got one flight in, every so often i can make it work, usually on one of 2 batteries, i got total of 5... now, i did boot the drone with each battery to see if the battery upgrades (they all should be up to date as i was flying my pro on all of them).. so this is becoming more and more puzzling...
Now, let's say it is a cable - if the gimbal works, but the green/red light does not show up - is the power to the gimbal going via different cable than the one to the control board that does video, or something like that? I assume the cable going to the VSP unit is the one that controls the vide, while the one going inside the drone, is the main power and gimbal? But.. perhaps not? Anyhow, monking with wires never made a difference, nor did vibrations as I actually flew with the camera working as well as not working...
I might try to downgrade firmware tonight.. but then again, 11.20 worked for me for a long time... very puzzling!
Open to any other ideas or troubleshooting steps....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.