Downgrade from Firmware V3.00?

Reaction score
Is there any way to downgrade the Phantom 2 firmware from Ver 3.0 back down to Ver 2.0 firmware?

ehpepper said:
Is there any way to downgrade the Phantom 2 firmware from Ver 3.0 back down to Ver 2.0 firmware?

Look back in the forum - its been well covered mate.

IrishSights said:
ehpepper said:

Quite right too IS. That's told him. Last thing we need is newbies asking questions that we do not know the answers to :roll:

discv said:
IrishSights said:
ehpepper said:

Quite right too IS. That's told him. Last thing we need is newbies asking questions that we do not know the answers to :roll:
So you need to look back in the forums too lol :p

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

ehpepper said:

ok I'll go here.... why? Unless you're trying to circumvent the new "restricted area" near-airports thing, why bother downgrading? there's a lot of hate but also a lot of love for 3.0... I haven't had any problems with it since I figured out I should have upgraded the RC firmware first and sorted out that issue everything has been flawless

ehpepper said:

Yes.

You need to use phantom 2 assistant software v2.00 - available on this page - http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download
Note they have both v2.00 and v3.0. You want v2.00.

Install this and connect your phantom to computer. Run the v2.00 assistant software and "update" the firmware to v2.00 (from v3.0). Then also "update" the central board firmware to v1.0.1.24 (from v1.0.1.25).

Recalibrate everything starting with the transmitter (using rc assistant with transmitter connected to computer) and then again in the phantom 2 assistant (with phantom connected to computer).

You will now be back to v2 firmware.

Hi,

it seems using assistant software 2.0 doesn't force downgrade to 2.xx any more... I am currently at 3.14 tried assistant 1.08, 2.0, 3.6, 3.8 nothing can bring it back to firmware 2.xx any working solutions?

Thanks

Reactions: Moonlight
Thanks Mako, that shed some lights on this for sure!
One thing I do not yet known is if v3.14 or any recent v3.x firmware has locked the main controller to stay with 3.x only? and I read more about the firmware upgrade crash recovery, seems people ran into various issues, like repeating same action and the upgrade only works at 2nd or 3rd times etc. etc. So far, my P2V is functioning as expected except for the X1 lever thing.

and also downgrade to v2.x also need to downgrade other piece (flight controller?)'s version too... is there any consequences. to be honest, I am indeed a bit nervous...

has anyone actually done exactly what I envision to do? downgrade all related firmware from v3.14 (current status) to v2.x? thanks a lot
sorry for the back and forth

Anyone happen to have successfully downgraded below v3.08? I'm read that it can't be done, even with the hard reset jumper cable trick. That true? (I'm desperately trying to get back to v1.08 due to major instabilities even after calibrating controller with both applications, calibrating IMU, and calibration compass..)

Anyone happen to have successfully downgraded below v3.08? I'm read that it can't be done, even with the hard reset jumper cable trick. That true? (I'm desperately trying to get back to v1.08 due to major instabilities even after calibrating controller with both applications, calibrating IMU, and calibration compass..)
It is true. I have tried the hard reset and successfully reloaded a few older versions of software but 3.14 firmware will not budge. I have tried reloading on three different computers ( one which is not connected to the web )

Darn. Thanks for the reply. Looks like I'm outta luck.

Turns out DJI's tech support is absolutely horrible these days. I've been trying to get through to them on the phone for over a week, to get an RMA number. It just says call volume is too high and disconnects me. I had one good experience with them in the past, but this is the pits. All of this is making me consider moving away from DJI products.. Seems like they're only interested in supporting their high end customers now.

Anyone else experience that?

Last edited:
Any new progress on this? I am stuck at 3.08 and it is bad. I can be flying and if I try to come down at the same time I try to move cyclic I will lose cyclic and it will not respond. I'd like to move back to some 2.xx firmware where the thing just worked.

I, for one, was unsuccessful. So, my P2 was pretty much useless after the upgrade, and I was never able to find a way to downgrade to the working firmware.

And DJI's customer support were total dicks about it. They basically said it's my problem, and I would have to pay several hundred dollars to swap the flight controller out, even though the buggy firmware update was entirely their fault, and they refused to allow a downgrade to working firmware. I have no love for DJI after that one.

I ended up selling my P2 "as-is", with a lengthy explanation of what had happened. I'm assuming the buyer is replacing the flight controller, or using it for parts.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl