Downgrade Effect

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone can offer any anecdotal input on what change in range someone would likely to see from going from :

vTX:
IRC 600
Spironet

vRX:
Spironet antenna
FPVLR 4.5 turn Helix antenna
Black Pearl 7 channel

and switching the IRC to a 25mw model.

Thanks.

Last edited:
that FPVLR helix is really amazing, if there's any signal at all to snatch out of the air it should be able to. I'd give it a try, you may be able to get 400m or so. if you don't, consider upgrading the transmit antenna to the FPVLR pentalobe and positioning it to hang down below the legs so there's no dead spots or bits of the craft blocking the signal.
Sure, having an antenna lobe that's lower than your legs means you have to hand catch, and also for takeoff now you have to find a ledge, hand launch, something... but I do all that anyway.

QYV said:
that FPVLR helix is really amazing, if there's any signal at all to snatch out of the air it should be able to. I'd give it a try, you may be able to get 400m or so. if you don't, consider upgrading the transmit antenna to the FPVLR pentalobe and positioning it to hang down below the legs so there's no dead spots or bits of the craft blocking the signal.
Sure, having an antenna lobe that's lower than your legs means you have to hand catch, and also for takeoff now you have to find a ledge, hand launch, something... but I do all that anyway.

Thanks.

The furthest I've had mine before losing LOS and have to rely on the monitor is 200m and it's setup for 500mx395'

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd