Double Batterys

Reaction score
Ok I haven't seen a thread on this question id like to try this DIY out. I was thinking two batterys on my Phantom 1.5 but the difference is id like to start with one battery and when the cells are low enough turn the other one on and turn the one with low cells off what do you guys think....Options are welcome....HAPPY FLYING

If you had one on a switch to turn off after its low on juice wouldnt it be the same as just leaving both hooked up without a switch??? Wouldnt it pull from both batteries at a slower rate? I dint think having them in a switch is beneficial. ..its just one more thing to do...hey i could be totally wrong tho

Im pretty sure it pulls mah at slower rate equaling more flight time...they are hooked in parallel so voltage stays same you increase amp hours. My p3 has batt mod and no switch required..just plug em in and your good to go..way more flight time

Plus how would you go about hooking up a switch?

Hey its always wirth a try... then youll know if it works good or not so good... it might help others who are wondering the same thing. It's all trial and error ..i say try it!!

Reactions: rattydude77
There's absolutely no advantage in trying to rig up a switch to do what you want. Multiple batteries would HAVE to be hooked up in parallel and that means both batteries are having power drawn from them simultaneously.

I'm sure you already know that doubling the batteries does NOT double the flight time. You get longer flight times but the extra weight of more batteries costs you some of the flying time you'd expect to get. ANY extra weight (especially something as heavy as a battery) is also going to make the quad much more sluggish in flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20