Doomed not to fly

Reaction score
SO the new GPS puck came today, attached to the new top shell.

I plugged in the compass cable and screwed the shell top to the bottom

Took it outside

started up the TX RE and the quad

after 30 seconds im sure i saw the first set of flashing green lights.

THEN nothing just green red red red

Took it inside,

opened and checked connections

Now all i get is solid red lights at the rear, and the assistant software shows Compass ERR and the usual turn off and restart message.

Im getting compass data and it looks OK

tried IMU calibration
Degaussing compass
all cables tested

I really want this sodding thing back in the air and though today would have been that day.

Any ideas anyone ?

Throwing rocks crash but you did do the dance when you went outside didn't ya .
When @J Dot comes on I'm sure he will have some input for ya .

"Im getting compass data and it looks OK"- so does this mean you have WiFi connectivity? How many satellites are reported?

@dirkclod hadn't gotten that far, wasn't intending to fly, just wanted to see it locks sats mate
@jwax I'm getting compass data when looking in the phantom assistant, I have wifi but the DJI app shows no sats being detected although battery levels etc are showing

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

@jwax your correct, I've just had it at the man who fixes and the board has a fault, if you twist the board just right it works kind of, on that basis he has replaced it with a new type of module, it includes Glonass and boy does it lock home point effin quick.

That's great crash1sttime! What was the source/price of the GPS/Glonass device? I'd like to add Glonass to my P2V+.

@jwax it came from a local guy who repairs quads, I've tried to ask him what it is but he seems reluctant to let me know. I plan on pulling the lid off at some point to take a picture of it so will post back

Adding Glonass would be a welcome addition! Kindly let us know if you discover what module it is.
John

Can show a pic of it in place if anyone has any idea
ec3c7e3d9ce35cdea30f1b1d71202668.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4