DON'T MAKE THE LIST!

Reaction score
https://www.faa.gov/uas/media/UAS_Sightings_report_21Aug-31Jan.xlsx

This is the link to incidents reported to the FAA, mostly by manned aircraft pilots. Many sighted drones at 5.000, 7,000 feet, and also near airports on final approach.

As I read through some of the reports, it seemed that people get a drone and are so enamoured by its ability that they carelessly fly it without any thought.

There are folks on this site that post about going 7 miles, extremely high AGL, etc.
Unfortunately, there is an accident waiting to happen. I assume that most folks reading posts in the "Rules and Regulations" section are mostly responsible, but not sure about the rest. Scary

Reactions: Falcon900
No doubt, there are some irresponsible UAV pilots doing some odd and hazardous things, but some of these PIREPS look suspect. i.e., the Atlanta listing that reports a UAV at 19-thousand feet. For Christ sakes...that's class alpha airspace! Considering the height and reduced performance in low atmospheric pressure, you'd run out of battery before you get there. Just saying...I'd take some of this with a grain of salt.

Reactions: Pharm
Not to mention that most drones would be tough to see at the speed you'd be doing up there. I'm an airline pilot and now a drone pilot and I find some of the reports suspect for most commercial drones. I believe a number of them (some operators have been arrested) but I know my vision wouldn't be good enough to see the drone in some of the reports.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic