Don't like IOS ..... BUT !!

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm new to the drone scene and after getting my new P4P, i tried to get it to fire up using my Tab A tablet that i got in the deal when i bought my Samsung S7 phone. The Tab A wouldn't connect but i suspected i may have had a problem with it as it doesn't seem to want to connect to my phone sometimes. I went into town to buy a new tablet, and as i prefer android, i bought a new Samsung S2 tablet. It cost $850AU. It too didn't want to connect !! I scoured the forum, looked at YouTube and anything else i could find on the subject on the internet. I tried becoming a developer and adjusting a few settings but as soon as i shut everything down, the S2 went back to the original factory settings. I tried everything !!
Finally i'd had enough and found PhantomHelp and looked at their recommendations. I also got some advice from a drone company in Sydney (Aust). I went back to the store in town, and even tho i don't like IOS operating systems, i ended up buying an IPad Pro (2016 model) for $1050. I got home, charged everything up, set up accounts etc, i connected it to the bird and IT WORKS !! I can now go and enjoy my new P4P. I'm already amazed at what it can do !! Soooo.... lesson learnt !! Cheers.

Reactions: Numone
The Pro has more grunt than you need- will be a long time before you have to upgrade though. You pay a bit more for the Apple gear but you don't hear of many issues

I'm beginning to find that out WTB !! You sold me on the Apple Ipad Pro !! It works a treat. I had a play with the bird on the weekend and i'm gob-smacked as to what it can do. I bought another spare battery last week to make 3 batteries all up as well as a battery hub (docking station). Now that i'm getting better at flying it, i'm going to fly it from my backyard as there's a few hundred acres of sugarcane fields across the road. All i need to do is to take it up to, say, 30mtrs to safely clear the powerlines and trees across the road and i'm good to go. I can see everywhere in those hundreds of acres but beyond that there's litterally thousands and thousands of acres of cane beyond that !!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4