Don't forget your floaties

Reaction score
Beautiful day, perfect for some following the boat footage. Feeling confident, I left the floaties I had made several weeks ago. It was probably some of the best footage I had recorded to date. The battery alarm sounds, and I start to bring her back to the boat. With a headwind making this a bit difficult,and considering the safety of the others in the boat , it took just a bit longer than I expected . you guessed it. It was two feet from the back of the boat when the battery gave out. They will sink like a rock. The obligatory sick feeling ensued, but it was my own fault. The missus was sympathetic, but had a few" I told you so " looks. So the wait till a new P3 arrives, begins. Hopefully not too long. Lesson learned.

sorry for your loss that stupid wind does it every time

Sorry for your loss, and the fact that it was so close. Next time, I think you'll be sure to bring it back with more than enough battery.

Beautiful day, perfect for some following the boat footage. Feeling confident, I left the floaties I had made several weeks ago. It was probably some of the best footage I had recorded to date. The battery alarm sounds, and I start to bring her back to the boat. With a headwind making this a bit difficult,and considering the safety of the others in the boat , it took just a bit longer than I expected . you guessed it. It was two feet from the back of the boat when the battery gave out. They will sink like a rock.
If you fly over water, you need a safety margin and shouldn't wait for a low battery alarm.
Headwinds just mean you need to increase the safety margin.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20