Don't fly in Thailand!

Reaction score
"Drone users who failed to meet the January 9th registration deadline face severe penalties if they are caught flying their drone in Thailand.

Officials have said that anyone flying an unregistered drone in Thailand could face up to 5 years in jail and/or a fine of 100,000 baht."

BTW, Smoke on a beach in Thailand you get the same fine.

LOS, my A%#

Wow that's a heavy fine. But to be honest they don't mess about over there when it comes to laws and punishment.

Aren't Thai prisons kinda like resorts?...........

Reactions: Nightwolf
What are the rules in China? Registration? And are the flying rules similar to ours? 400ft. Height Limit?

Mandatory registration.
Height limit: good question. I think 120m but not sure.

In China, if you avoid large cities, you can fly without issues.
Beijing is a whole NFZ.
NFZ's are pretty large: 20x30 km around each airport even those small unused ones.

To register you must have a valid chinese sim card. Because you'll receive a text message while performing this registration. The process is quite straight forward and hassle free if you can read some mandarin.

Reactions: NitroMan
Fines for smoking on the beach???
What part of Thailand did you visit?

I used to go to Thailand often. Don't anymore since the military junta took over the country. And yes, smoking on the beach will land you in serious trouble. Going to a Thai prison is not a good idea. Conditions are beyond horrible. Google it.

Reactions: DigitalSkyPilot
Mandatory registration.
Height limit: good question. I think 120m but not sure.

In China, if you avoid large cities, you can fly without issues.
Beijing is a whole NFZ.
NFZ's are pretty large: 20x30 km around each airport even those small unused ones.

To register you must have a valid chinese sim card. Because you'll receive a text message while performing this registration. The process is quite straight forward and hassle free if you can read some mandarin.

Seems CHina inplimented registrations last year in June. I was out of the country at the time. When I returned , I tried to register CAAC, but their website is broken. After many attempts, I gave up. I you have other info where/how please PM me. I would like to know what else to do. Even DJI could not direct me to how to 。

I finally got it done. I am registered!

Last edited:
Reactions: DigitalSkyPilot
Seems CHina inplimented registrations last year in June. I was out of the country at the time. When I returned , I tried to register CAAC, but their website is broken. After many attempts, I gave up. I you have other info where/how please PM me. I would like to know what else to do. Even DJI could not direct me to how to 。

I finally got it done. I am registered!

Frankly speaking, I did it also even though I never had anyone asking me if my drone was registered while I was flying it in China. Most of the time, if any bao'an or policeman shows up, I'll just land, take my stuff and go away. No drama. If anything, I'll stress out that I am a laowai (foreigner) and don't speak the language (wo ting budong).

Anyway, speaking about Thailand, how is the registration process ? Is it complicated? Time consuming ?
I would like to go back to Thailand, a country I like and take some shots.

Any information on this matter would be highly valuable.

Thai laws changing by the day. Best Google , but I suspect they are not allowed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.