DON'T buy Bangood.com DJI battery for Phantom 3

Reaction score

your own fault trying to save a couple bucks on a non oem battery

your own fault trying to save a couple bucks on a non oem battery
Number 1, you don't have to be such a jerk.

2, I don't need to be told what I already learned/know.

And C, I was trying to save a few bucks on a battery. At the time didn't care if if the savings were on the factory or its 'equivalent'. I found out; I now know, I learned. I am trying to help others.

not being a jerk learned about these batteries before I ever got my bird just read and found out real fast try and save on something that you can truly see that its way off from dji battery people go and buy them and then complain about it I just find it funny when people due it

And please, explain where this battery Looks or is described as "way off"...The LED arrows and model number..."Way off"? It is to laugh. Good thing you find this funny. I'm laughing at your reply right now.

Reactions: Monte Olsen
if it said it was a dji battery oem for phantom and looked like it then I could see you embarrassment for buying one but this topic has been discussed on here a lot before sorry you lost money but its a learning curve for a few that want not to pay what oem is

Did you try doing a battery firmware upgrade to your bird as I've herd some of these non dji batteries work fine reading other posts on the net etc

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Lots of people have had success buying aftermarket batteries, including me. I've owned five batteries, two are DJI, three are aftermarket. One of the DJIs was DOA right out of the new P2V retail box. The only issue I have with the aftermarkets I own is that they don't auto-discharge. Otherwise they are perfect.

What we've learned in various threads: if you're going to buy a non DJI battery, it would be a good idea to buy one which already has a reasonably high number (you pick the number) of good reviews. And then if you are still sure you want to buy it, you take your chances.

20+ positive reviews is my only excuse...

Did you try doing a battery firmware upgrade to your bird as I've herd some of these non dji batteries work fine reading other posts on the net etc

According to the GO app, everything is up to date.

4500mAh 15.2V 4S Intelligent Battery For DJI Phantom 3 Professional Advance Standard Versions

• It doesn´t work!
    By:iartiaga 2016-03-09 16:55:38
  • This battery doesnt work whith phantom 3! The last version of app DJI GO for android to manage the drone shows an error message: NON DJI INTELLIGENT BATTERY DETECTED. AIRCRAFT FLIGHT PREVENTED. and the engines dont move! So, I want you to refund the money and I sugest you stop selling this product because it doesnt work. Thanks
    Banggood Reply:
    Note: Battery sold before March 8, please do not upgrade the APP to the newest version , otherwise the battery can not work. Only sold after March 8 , battery is compatible with the latest version of the APP.
This is NOT my review. And I bought mine on February 27...No one said anything about getting an app that isn't current or even available on google play.

I am NOT alone:

Wow that sucks. Glad you are informing others. I went to Best Buy when they dropped them down to 120. Had no doubt oem. Will they issue refund? Contact BBB

Reactions: Squirrel!
I used Paypal as a just in case...glad I did. I'll get my refund either from Bangood or Paypal...As long as I get refunded, I don't care from who. ;)

Reactions: Tony Cowan
Lots of people have had success buying aftermarket batteries, including me. I've owned five batteries, two are DJI, three are aftermarket. One of the DJIs was DOA right out of the new P2V retail box. The only issue I have with the aftermarkets I own is that they don't auto-discharge. Otherwise they are perfect.
You should note that you're referring to P2 batteries. Aftermarket P3 batteries are much newer and there aren't any that are known to work well at this point.

You should note that you're referring to P2 batteries. Aftermarket P3 batteries are much newer and there aren't any that are known to work well at this point.
Well, yeah. I actually bought my aftermarkets before DJI stopped supporting the P2V, so it was understood at the time that I had to be careful re upgrading firmware. And that's an important point. Thank-you. Now I have an extra advantage so to speak. My P2V is in no danger of getting an upgraded firmware, whereas a P3 can get the firmware upgraded, possibly rendering their aftermarket battery useless.

Good of you to share your misfortune @Squirrel! How did you pay for it? If Paypal or CC, take it up with them, you may get a refund. Item not fit for purpose- which it clearly isn't.
Banggood has great customer service. You've already made a video, send them the link and they should refund you.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Also be aware that some Phantom Pilots members have also had issues with batteries purchased on Amazon not being OEM, even though they look almost identical. Always best to but from a DJI dealer or DJI direct.

There are DJI dealers selling OEM P3 batteries on Amazon. For example, RotorLogic is currently selling them for $121 here.

Reactions: Squirrel!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20