Dolly Sods West Virginia

Reaction score
This is a Wilderness area, but took off on private land. I'm no expert at photo processing, but look at the photo opportunities I had and the beauty of this place. The red are the blue berry bushes. Sometimes I got a clear shot, but most of the time I had to work at it because the mountain fog was moving around continuously. At first, the heavy fog got me. It was actually clouds moving over the mountain. I had to keep a look out for it. Flying too high was also a problem, like a little over a 100 feet.

blue berry fields2pano.jpg

City people from the D.C. area seem to be the main spectators. I use to have this place mostly to myself. LOL
bear rocks parking.jpg

bear rocks 6.jpg
DJI_0884.jpg
blue berry fields5cc.jpg

I left the mountain top and took this picture at Black Water Falls State Park. It is legal to fly drones at WV state parks. This man actually asked if I was flying a drone. I respectfully said, "this is my flying camera." I showed him the shot I took of him. He liked it.

canyon 1.jpg

I didn't take any of the main falls. They had a lot of smaller falls around.
pendleton falls 1.jpg

BK canyon.jpg

Nice photos! I am just now learning how to edit photos, haven’t posted any yet.

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Nice photos! I am just now learning how to edit photos, haven’t posted any yet.
I just get lucky once in a while in having processed a good photo. At my age, I learn something and then I forget it. My favorite is the cliff photo at Dolly Sods. I'm intimidated some what posting photo's or videos. That's my hang-up. LOL

I see the trees are well coloured yet. At us (EU/SI) the best colours we get in October. Nice!

Looks like the blueberry bushes rolled out the red carpet for you! Great shots of a beautiful place, thanks for sharing with us.

I see the trees are well coloured yet. At us (EU/SI) the best colours we get in October. Nice!
That was in the high mountains. The leaves change sooner up on that high plateau. Where I live the leaves change in mid October. It is truly a wild place up there. Once when I visited Croatia, I went to Mali Alen to see Tulove Grede in the Velebit. They said there were dragons in the cliffs. I couldn’t find any, but what a place to fly a drone. I did see a Golden Eagle. I didn’t have a drone then, but think about it. Lol My friends in Sisak laughed and said, we have better roads to travel on. I love nature on the wild side. The road didn’t live up to it’s name as one of the most dangerous roads in the world.

Looks like the blueberry bushes rolled out the red carpet for you! Great shots of a beautiful place, thanks for sharing with us.
Because of the overcast, I had to keep bringing the color saturation down. They looked unreal. You must have some areas where you are with fields of blue berries?

Beautiful photos hello from the other side of West Virginia.
Not too long ago I took up the governor's offer on discount stays at the state parks. We stayed at Twin Falls SP. then Chief Logan SP. We checked out the rest of the area also. I had to be in your backyard somewhere. Lol

Not too long ago I took up the governor's offer on discount stays at the state parks. We stayed at Twin Falls SP. then Chief Logan SP. We checked out the rest of the area also. I had to be in your backyard somewhere. Lol

Close but I’m in Winfield down over in Putnam county . We are going to Pipestem next weekend hoping to fly some over there while 4 wheeling .

Reactions: WV. Rootman

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic