Doh..Forgot to take Gimbal Lock Off!

Fourblade said:
Thanks - soooo easy to do... I was hoping the bird was built to cope with "senior moments" ;)

I'm only 29 so I don't know what my excuse is....LOL.

I do believe the camera stops attempting to calibrate if it find it cannot move although I surely wouldn't test its limits!

I've probably done it 3 times and all is perfect here. :D
UKFlyer

familyman5821 said:
I've put a little label above the battery compartment to remind me

bit like this??

Attachments

• removegimbal3.jpg
    removegimbal3.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 1,415
jaykay2PT said:
familyman5821 said:
I've put a little label above the battery compartment to remind me

bit like this??

Do you remove the gimbal before flight ?

I tried the label on the battery, but would still forget. Now with this, I never forget.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 1,113
Slightly off topic, but I broke a gimbal without damaging the camera. So during my noncritical runs (like practicing, etc.), I fly with my gimbal lock on all the time to prevent the gimbal dance and I can still take pictures and video, albeit only at one angle. When I want to do something more real, I put on the new camera/gimbal. So my gimbal lock is serving a reasonable purpose for me.

NEWBIE OPINION: The PV2+ plastic gimble lock and lens cap should just be made of red plastic so you notice it is on, not clear plastic. I've forgotten to remove it a couple of times at start up. "Jeez.. What is that little intermittent whining noise?" LOL

I have done it a bunch of times and I think it screwed up my horizontal alignment. Was able to fix it myself. Just make sure the lock is off before you press the power button - not before flight. I just taped a post it note on my battery now...

MapMaker53 said:
NEWBIE OPINION: The PV2+ plastic gimble lock and lens cap should just be made of red plastic so you notice it is on, not clear plastic. I've forgotten to remove it a couple of times at start up. "Jeez.. What is that little intermittent whining noise?" LOL
My kit came with additional red DJI stickers, I put one on it.
You could add some bright tape.

jaykay2PT said:
Since I printed myself this, I don't forget anymore now!!

Yeah I printed one too, in bright orange.

Still forgot.

Ordered a "Remove Before Flight" tag to aide in my dumbassness.

I had no mircoSD card reader when I first bought it. Has to plug in the phantom and turn the battery on to download images. Forgot about the gimbal lock, it was on for about 10 minutes, it had become extremely hot before I noticed. It still works fine now though. So don't worry about your minor mishap.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr