Does this Plug go on a Phantom??

Reaction score
I was working on my Pantom 2+ and when I was finished I had this plug remaining on the table. I do not recall it being on the table when I started. I'm can't tell if it belongs on the phantom or not. Have any of you seen this before?

The only spot that it might go that I can see is the spot were the compass wires go into the bottom of the phantom. It's just and upen hole. All the other holes by landing gear legs have a while soft plug with a groove in it.

Gonefishing that is not were it belong.

Yes its part of the phantom and i guess you have removed the RC board.
It goes in the hole were you have to press on the phantom to reset the RC between bird and controller.

If you already close the phantom, leave it as is, but keep it so in the future if you open the bird again can restore to its position.

Thanks guys. I have not closed the bird up yet so it will be easy to replace. I never saw it fall out so I had no idea where it went. Lol

Thanks again.

Gonefishing51077 said:
Thanks guys. I have not closed the bird up yet so it will be easy to replace. I never saw it fall out so I had no idea where it went. Lol

Thanks again.
When I had to replace the shell of my Vision I saw it but thought it only close that hole. Now I realize it is a push-button thanks to this thread. ;)

Isn't this part of the gimbal system that prevents the whole thing from falling off? There should be two installed on opposite corners of the gimbal near the "rubber balls" of the unit. Each "thingie" has two clear plastic pieces like this.

Haha when I just did my stage 3 that fell out of my bird too and I had no idea what it was. Now I know, thanks! But I think I might have thrown it away hmmm

I believe that small plastic component is a part of the "Link button". That is used to pair your Phantom with a new remote controller.
Look at the right Phantom side(right, from Phantom's perspective) just above the rear right rubber from the gimbal vibration absorber, There is a hole in the Phantom, through which you can press the Link button on the Phantoms main board. However that plastic that fell off sits in between the main board and that hole and is also transparent because there is a small LED indicator on the main board that indicates the status of linking progress. So the transparent plastic is illuminated by that LED.
Anyhow check it out and try placing it back there ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31