Does this look bent?

Reaction score
I'm posting for a friend. He just recovered his P2V from a tree (It was a tall tree lots of leaves that had to fall before it could be found) after 4 months and the only damage so far seems to be maybe the camera "gimble" may not work. The electronics are as pristine as the day it was built. The motors had some water in them but were dried and seem to still run quiet on a bench test.

Here is the kicker. Take a look at the attached photo. This one motor seems to be crooked on its mount. Nothing looks broken or stressed. For all we know it could have been this way from day one or it may have gotten this way from 4 months in a tree. The stripe you see may be from running the motor with the top cover not secure while bench testing

Thoughts? opinions?
P2 tilt.jpg

Unscrew the motor ( 4 screws on bottom ) check screw holes, as I had 1 break 2 of the screw heads through the plastic hole, ultimately forcing me to replace the shell, they are around $50 U.S. If you look through the plastic holes, and they don't get SMALLER, on the top ( ie: hole is the same size all the way through ) than shell needs replaced!

Let me see if I can post a pic for you?
BAE6C4E9-046F-4AFC-A57E-39A37112B555_zpsatw7z512.jpg

J Dot

Let us know your findings?
Take care, good luck!

I had one that looked like that and was because it crashed and 1 prop couldn't turn .The other 3 did till I got to it and could shut it down. Motor got hot and did this to the pads under the motor .The motor was fine but had got hot . Like J Dot said ...new shell
motor d1.jpg

Reactions: J Dot
I had one that looked like that and was because it crashed and 1 prop couldn't turn .The other 3 did till I got to it and could shut it down. Motor got hot and did this to the pads under the motor .The motor was fine but had got hot . Like J Dot said ...new shell
View attachment 35815

I think that might be the answer Dirk. When my friend crashed into the tree he said he was jogging the motors to try to "cut" his way out. I would bet one of the motors was not turning and overheated causing this melting condition. I'll pass it along. Thanks.

Reactions: dirkclod and J Dot

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl