Does this horizon look level to you? Gimbal issue.

Reaction score
Brand new P3P. Updated to current firmware. Have done a Gimbal Auto Calibration multiple times but this is what I get. That horizon is clearly not level. I have the skids set perfectly equal distance from my desk's edge. I also put a grid on the photo and that desk horizon isn't level. Have flown it once and the horizon didn't look level, so this photo confirms my suspicions. Does anyone have a suggestions as to what to do? And the desk is level.

Your help is greatly appreciated...
IMG_9141.png

Brand new P3P. Updated to current firmware. Have done a Gimbal Auto Calibration multiple times but this is what I get. That horizon is clearly not level. I have the skids set perfectly equal distance from my desk's edge. I also put a grid on the photo and that desk horizon isn't level. Have flown it once and the horizon didn't look level, so this photo confirms my suspicions. Does anyone have a suggestions as to what to do? And the desk is level.

Your help is greatly appreciated...
View attachment 26679
Try a gimbal rotation of +4 and see if it helps.

Correct, not level. It looks like mine has looked since I bought the P3A. Nothing I do corrects it, including the mid air gimbal calibration that many suggest in the other "horizon not level" threads. I'm still holding out hope that the new FW will correct it, but I haven't installed it yet.

Correct, not level. It looks like mine has looked since I bought the P3A. Nothing I do corrects it, including the mid air gimbal calibration that many suggest in the other "horizon not level" threads. I'm still holding out hope that the new FW will correct it, but I haven't installed it yet.
I updated to 1.3.2 yesterday and it unfortunately hasn't fixed it!

I updated to 1.3.2 yesterday and it unfortunately hasn't fixed it!
I don't mind too much on stills because they of course can be easily corrected in post. It's the videos that really chafe me when the horizon is so slanted. Correcting a video with a horizon that slants to varying degrees throughout is much harder. It can still be corrected, but with much more time spent, sometimes in chunks of only a few frames at a time. Really frustrating.

Reactions: JoBe
I don't mind too much on stills because they of course can be easily corrected in post. It's the videos that really chafe me when the horizon is so slanted. Correcting a video with a horizon that slants to varying degrees throughout is much harder. It can still be corrected, but with much more time spent, sometimes in chunks of only a few frames at a time. Really frustrating.
Agree on the stills! In regards to video, shouldn't be our responsibility to be correcting what our product we purchased should already be doing! Very frustrating.

That is not horizon... Its the prespective that seams not level but the distance to the edge If the table is diferent. Try outside in the air and them check your horizon.

Se the window and the wall? They ok. They are verticaly perfect ( right side )

Note: the câmera sometimes when your turn it on dont stay perfectly pointed to center, but is can be pointed a litle bit to one side, because of the yaw motor in the câmera.

Last edited:
That is not horizon... Its the prespective that seams not level but the distance to the edge If the table is diferent. Try outside in the air and them check your horizon.

Note: the câmera sometimes when your turn it on dont stay perfectly pointed to center, but is can be pointed a litle bit to one side, because of the yaw motor in the câmera.
I agree... he needs to get it up in the air and look at the horizon. I had the horizon problem on my 1.2.8 fw, but after the 1.3.20 fw update, my horizon has been as flat as can be.

Reactions: snerd

I tried with windows and it's off. I have flown it to and the horizon is off. I just did IMU calibration and a gimbal calibration and it's still off. When I did the gimbal calibration for a split second it looked level and then it went back to its normal unlevel state.

When I did the gimbal calibration for a split second it looked level and then it went back to its normal unlevel state.
Thats what happens. You can sometimes even watch it move further and further from level with no input. Also, sometimes if you close the app and then open it, it returns to level and then slowly moves more and more tilted with no input. I can even open and close the settings menu and it has an impact on the levelness of the gimbal each time.

Reactions: JoBe
Thats what happens. You can sometimes even watch it move further and further from level with no input. Also, sometimes if you close the app and then open it, it returns to level and then slowly moves more and more tilted with no input. I can even open and close the settings menu and it has an impact on the levelness of the gimbal each time.
Yep same here. WTF is going on, very frustrating. I realize too that the camera doesn't look straight ahead, it looks to the left just a little, but sometimes adjust correctly.

Yep same here. WTF is going on, very frustrating. I realize too that the camera doesn't look straight ahead, it looks to the left just a little, but sometimes adjust correctly.
Yes, same. Sometimes it is straight ahead, sometimes about a degree or two to the left.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic