Does the P4 have a better RC ?

Reaction score
Comparing specs between the P3 and P4 , on thewDJI site, I noticed that the Remote Control has been upgraded.

P3 Transmitter Power (EIRP) P4 Transmitter Power ( EIRP )

• FCC: 20 dBm FCC: 23 dBm
  • CE: 16 dBm CE: 17 dBm

All of the models have had successive upgrades in power as they release. It is a good thing. :)

Unfortunately, they keep reducing the birdside power output for video, and the C version of the P3P transmitter also reduced power output over the A and B version of the P3P transmitters. Original W323 P3P aircraft had 30% more video power output than the new P4.

P4 Power Output for Video is only .598 Watts v. .729 Watts on Original P3P

Did the decrease in birdside power output result in anything negative ??
I don't remember any posts of video range, decreasing, after the " C " version was released.
If not, maybe the initial power output was above what was needed.

Did the decrease in birdside power output result in anything negative ??
I don't remember any posts of video range, decreasing, after the " C " version was released.
If not, maybe the initial power output was above what was needed.
It definitely did for me! However, I use the FPVLR v2 transmitter mod and fly up to 5 miles away. Control is fine. Video becomes unstable beyond 3 miles on the W323A bird, but is good to 5 miles on the W323 and W322 birds. I have no other explanation than the reduced video power output of 18% on the W323A bird, reduced by 30% on the W323B bird, which I haven't tried. I have have confirmed this performance described above on 3 of the W323 birds and 2 of the W323A birds, so it it is consistent between birds of the same iteration, and not just a one off anomaly.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl