Does the P4 come with a holder big enough for iPad minis?

Yes, the stock holder will work just fine. It can hold a device that's up to 6.75 inches wide.

Yes, the stock holder will work just fine. It can hold a device that's up to 6.75 inches wide.

This may seem like semantics but I think you mean "high" as opposed to "wide". When looking at a tablet I think of wide as left to right and height from top to bottom.

I think you mean "high" as opposed to "wide"
No -- I really mean wide.

For example, the iPad Mini 4 is 5.3 inches wide. The width is most important since the tablet holder clamps onto the sides of the tablet.
Phantom-3-Remote-Controller.jpg

Romonaga writes above it works with his iPad Air. Those are over 9" on the long dimension. I just measured mine.

I see clamps showing in the photo you included. Are those the clamps to which you refer or are there others not seen in the photo? I would say the visible clamps define the height rather than width.

I should have my Phantom 4 tomorrow. I sure hope it works with my iPad Air.

Romonaga writes above it works with his iPad Air. Those are over 9" on the long dimension. I just measured mine.
But, it's only 6.6 inches wide. So, it'll just fit.

FYI, you cannot use DJI GO in the camera view in portrait mode. So, it would be kind of pointless to attempt to use a mobile device that way.

I'm not following whatever point you're attempting to make. Sorry :(

I'm not following whatever point you're attempting to make. Sorry :(

Sorry... let’s back up and try to distill things down to the essentials.

The OP asked “Does the P4 come with a holder big enough for iPad minis?”
You replied “Yes, the stock holder will work just fine. It can hold a device that's up to 6.75 inches wide.” [Emphasis added.]

Romonaga had written “Stock holder hold my iPad Air...”
The iPad Air is 9+ inches in landscape mode. I was referring to landscape mode when I wrote about width.
If the device holder on the controller only held tablets up to 6.75” wide as you said, it wouldn’t hold an iPad Air in landscape mode if width meant the size of the tablet in landscape mode. You referred to width which I would equate with left and right/landscape mode but I think you meant top to bottom which I would call height, not width. That's why I mentioned semantics.

I think our thread suffered from unclear terms. All I really care about is the controller holding my iPad Air in landscape orientation which by other sources it seems it will and which I should find out for certain tomorrow when my Phantom 4 should be delivered.

Phew...

Are we on the same page now? :)

If the device holder on the controller only held tablets up to 6.75” wide as you said, it wouldn’t hold an iPad Air in landscape mode if width meant the size of the tablet in landscape mode. You referred to width which I would equate with left and right/landscape mode but I think you meant top to bottom which I would call height, not width.
If you check the specs for iPads (or any other mobile device), you won't find any that list the width of the device when held in landscape mode. All devices are measured while they are held in portrait mode. So, when I speak about mobile devices, I assume this is common knowledge and list the specs as such.

If you check the specs for iPads (or any other mobile device), you won't find any that list the width of the device when held in landscape mode. All devices are measured while they are held in portrait mode. So, when I speak about mobile devices, I assume this is common knowledge and list the specs as such.

Understood. As a newbie I had no idea of the convention. Since tablets are usually shown mounted in the RC in the landscape position I perhaps naturally thought of the width as being measured left to right. Thanks for clearing that up. Everybody is wrong except me! Hahah.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj