Does the iPad 10.7 pro fit....

Reaction score
... or not... in the standard P4P cradle.

I read all over and get nothing definitive. Some even showed pics showing it doesn’t, while others swear it does.

So, from those with intimate experience, does the iPad 10.7 pro fit in a 6 month old P4P cradle without mods?

Thanx in advance!

I have a Lenovo Tab 2 A10 or something like that at work so it would be a 10" screen, but unsure on the exact width of the tablet instead of diagonal measurement.
Either way, it BARELY fits into the stock P4P controller mount. I had to really push to get it to compress the little foam strip and fit inside.

I think this tablet has fairly thick bezels so if the Ipad is super narrow it may fit, but I would lean towards no.
I think I saw some simple extension piece you can buy to fit larger screens though and wouldn't really be considered a mod, just an accessory.

Thanx Ehmay!

Not interested in the clunky extension. Heavy enuff as is. Rather go with Ipad Air 2 9.7” with A9X processor..

Thanx again

Yes the latest 2017 Ipad pro with the 10.5in screen does fit the standard controller, it's a snug fit.

You'll notice the controller tablet bracket foam has 2 gutters one in the top pad and one in the bottom pads.

You just line up the Ipad with these gutters from the side and slide it in slowly, without forcing it too much or going too quickly.

holder from side.jpg
ipad.jpg

Thank you guys for the definitive answers.

Looks like I will be the new owner of iPad Pro.

If anyone cares, I have iPad Air and it is BARELY sufficient (need to go into airplane mode for it to work). The new 10.5" Pro is exact same weight and only 1mm longer and 5mm wider than the 9.7" Air.

Thank you, again

Make sure the cradle is fully extended. The ipad 10.5 is held firmly by the padding. I place mine bottom first. I will eventually wear out the top padding and will replace with a thinner one. This should give me atleast 1 click from the clamp to secure it.

Attachments

• 20171119_104246.jpg
    20171119_104246.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 326
Looks like you just made it after all!
It having a 10.5" screen helped instead of the 10.7" you originally noted.
I figured the bezel would be thinner than the random Lenovo my work place bought so it made up for the 0.4".

I have a Lenovo Tab 2 A10 or something like that at work so it would be a 10" screen, but unsure on the exact width of the tablet instead of diagonal measurement.
Either way, it BARELY fits into the stock P4P controller mount. I had to really push to get it to compress the little foam strip and fit inside.

I think this tablet has fairly thick bezels so if the Ipad is super narrow it may fit, but I would lean towards no.
I think I saw some simple extension piece you can buy to fit larger screens though and wouldn't really be considered a mod, just an accessory.

I have one in my case for whenever I want to really clamp down on my Air II. They work real well, and look nice enough.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers