Does the focus of my P3Pro Camera seem off?

Reaction score
It seems to me that the only part of this image that is in focus is the tan buildings on the far left side of the frame. Same to you? Can focus be adjusted?

Video seems to be the same -

Focus on the left side of frame. I get that its a 2.8 aperture lens but c'mon...

Johnny

Attachments

• 0024.jpg
    0024.jpg
    7.3 MB · Views: 465
Last edited:
It seems to me that the only part of this image that is in focus is the tan buildings on the far left side of the frame. Same to you? Can focus be adjusted?

Video seems to be the same -

Focus on the left side of frame. I get that its a 2.8 aperture lens but c'mon...

Johnny

So with a picture, you must be still when shooting. Then all things being equal, the whole image will be in focus. Could you have been moving?

It is also well known that Phantom 3 pics disappoint. I prefer to make my j pegs from print screen of vids

Someone else had a similar problem with their P3 and yes, the focus can be tweaked a hair to even out the misaligned focus. He had good instructions on how to adjust it as well. I don't know where I saw it on this forum but if I do, I'll post it here unless the originator reads this and does likewise.

Edit: Found it here:

Advanced - Blur/Focus problem in images? How to easily fix it on the P3 Advanced

Also check out this video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Just do a search. You will find a ton of discussion on focus issues.

You don't need to fly to test camera. Put the P3 on something and take pic of side of house or sometthing.

Mine is softer on one side than the other. Shows up less in video. But it is acceptable.
Some folks had horrible focus and sent theirs back to DJI.

Someone else had a similar problem with their P3 and yes, the focus can be tweaked a hair to even out the misaligned focus. He had good instructions on how to adjust it as well. I don't know where I saw it on this forum but if I do, I'll post it here unless the originator reads this and does likewise.

Edit: Found it here:

Advanced - Blur/Focus problem in images? How to easily fix it on the P3 Advanced

Also check out this video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Has anyone here bought this lens and done this install?

If there's an improvement. I may just do it. I bought my P3P used so sending back to DJI isn't an option.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If I was in your position I would try the Malakai fix. You have nothing to lose.
He is not installing another lens. He is changing the alignment on the circuit board.

Has anyone here bought this lens and done this install?

If there's an improvement. I may just do it. I bought my P3P used so sending back to DJI isn't an option.

From a few reviews I've read, they seem to experience purple fringing in the corners. I stopped looking into them after that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31