Does the FC40 come with the Camera?

Reaction score
My new FC40 Arrived today and I am in the process of setting it up. I was under the impression that it was to include a camera. Was I mistaken or is it something extra I need to purchase. I have looked through everything in the box. I did find a plate that screws to the bottom that looks similar to a GoPro mount. Is that all I was supposed to get.?

Should be a thin white camera in there somewhere...

Mine was in a separate box taped to the phantom box. Sounds like the camera got left off.

Phantom came in a nice sealed box. Well packed with no damage. I have gone back through both the shipping box as well as the Phantom box and there is no camera to be found. Bummer...

I purchased this at a nice price through StackSocial but it was dropped shipped directly from DJI. I will send off some emails and see what they say.

Good news is that I do have a GoPro and it looks like it will mount right up. Bad news... still waiting for battery to charge completely and will need some spares.

Sorry to hear you got shorted on the camera.
Before I got mine I read every review of the FC40 on Amazon and there are more than a few reviews from other people that also didn't get their camera with the order.

Hopefully you will get it sorted out without to much hassle.

I'm in retail... stuff happens. I get it. Everybody can make mistakes... it's how they handle it that matters. I'm sure one way or the other it will get resolved.

Honestly, I have a ton of other things to get sorted out before shooting video anyway.

I was fortunate enough to get my hands on a Taranis Plus before they sold out again, so I have my brain full of trying to get a handle on OpenTx programming, and as winter sets in I am putting together a F550 clone.

Have a look at the white box & check to see if there is a picture of the camera on the thin side of the box, it should also have 5.8 GHZ edition on a large sticker as well, if no pic. or sticker you might have been sent a phantom 1 instead.
If all OK check that you have TWO little packets of screws, one looks like an anti-condensation pack & will be in a corner somewhere, have you taken the lower formed cardboard out & checked underneath for the camera, it's in a roughly 4"X4" thin white box, hope you find it!

Guipago said:
Have a look at the white box & check to see if there is a picture of the camera on the thin side of the box, it should also have 5.8 GHZ edition on a large sticker as well, if no pic. or sticker you might have been sent a phantom 1 instead.
If all OK check that you have TWO little packets of screws, one looks like an anti-condensation pack & will be in a corner somewhere, have you taken the lower formed cardboard out & checked underneath for the camera, it's in a roughly 4"X4" thin white box, hope you find it!

Picture of phantom with camera on box. Have two packets of screws. No thin white box. Boxes have been thoroughly searched. Thanks for the suggestions. :)

I bought mine from Stack Social as well. It's not in the Phantom box, but deep inside the brown box it shipped with. I thought mine got lost as well, but its very small and I almost threw it out! Check it again.

Recieved an autorespond from DJI asking for me to send a picture of my Phantom, but no response as of yet.

So I have gone back and forth now for a week with DJI's automated support system regarding my missing camera. They have acknowledged receipt of the photo they asked for. They have replied that they have forwarded it to the logistics team and that they will update me when more information is available...

I understand, but at the same time I simply want the camera I paid for. I now sit here looking at the recent price drops in the Vision and enjoying flying my FC40, contemplating whether or not I should drop another 1500$ with this company in getting a second Phantom.

Stack Social has not even responded to any of my emails. I am left dealing with the manufacturer.

I am left wondering whether or not it is DJI's problem to resolve or the vendor. Was the vendor just acting as an order taker? Who did I really purchase from?

I guess I will give it another week and then file a Paypal dispute to figure out who I should be dealing with. I hate to do that...

What would you guys do?

DJI must monitor this site?

Sorry... just some outloud thinking going on.

If you bought it through Stacksocial you really did purchase directly from DJI and it was shipped to you directly from DJI. DJI support is iffy. I never could get my camera to work. After a month I contacted DJI and they gave me an RMA. I sent them the camera. It has now been 5 weeks since delivery of the camera to them was confirmed. Still no replacement, just excuses.

Seriously, why don't you return it? And get another/ Or not.

Who buys a $500 item and farts around waiting on a missing item?

AND, you didn't even know if it REALLY came with a camera or not? Your original post makes it sound like you didn't even know what you bought.....

:lol: :lol:

AND, who contacts the MFG when they are missing items>? Blaze a trail back to the seller bucky.

Venice Beach, California

Uh-huh/ :roll: :roll:

Just wanted to update that I did finally get a camera shipped to me. Stacksocial acts as an order taker for DJI. It took filing a dispute with paypal to get it handled. DJI needs to work on their customer service department. What had gone in a circle for weeks was resolved in a few days once I put a hold on funds.

So all in all I'm happy that it is resolved. It just took way to long, IMHO.

As others said. Camera is average, but it does what it's supposed to do.

I will likely just continue to use my GoPro as the video is better quality.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj