Does "recommended devices" mean only devices?

Reaction score
Greetings, I'm buying a P3P this week... I plan to buy a refurb'd iPad 2 mini in another month or so after the iPad mini 4 comes out and the prices for older models drop... I have a spare iPhone 5 that I can reformat and use only for the P3P... since the "regular" 5 is not on the list of recommended devices, will it still work??? I understand it may not be as good as a recommended device but can I get by for a few months???

while I got ya, would you recommend the NVIDIA Shield over an iPad mini 2???
The Shield is a very popular device for P3 owners. I use an Air 2 myself, but I know that Shield users would highly recommend the Shield. I do know that most success with Android devices comes by setting them up a certain way. There are countless threads on that topic you can find on the forum. Many of the threads have a handy link to setting up Android devices.

Reactions: JoBe
The Shield is a very popular device for P3 owners. I use an Air 2 myself, but I know that Shield users would highly recommend the Shield. I do know that most success with Android devices comes by setting them up a certain way. There are countless threads on that topic you can find on the forum. Many of the threads have a handy link to setting up Android devices.
Here's that handy link:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=16777&pid=146682&fromuid=6149

Reactions: JoBe
while I got ya, would you recommend the NVIDIA Shield over an iPad mini 2???

Recommended devices have been tested by DJI. With a gazilion Android devices out there, they're not going to test them all.

People going with Android are making a mistake - and that includes me. All sorts of issues to work out and optimize. The only Andorid that seems to work pretty flawlessly is NVIDIA Shield, but it looks terrible outside. Too much glare. This is why I decided not to get one.

Go with Apple and you will be happy. Air 2 and Mini 2 are the BEST devices that get most people up and running without any issues whatsoever.

This might change when the next firmware version gets pushed out and we Android users might get great access to 3rd party apps like Litchi. But for now, Andoid = problems. Air 2/Mini 2 = almost zero problems and flawless experience out of the box.

Yes, already having tested several new iPads, I can say the iPad Air 2 64 GB Cellular, is the one I would recommend. You can buy the 16 GB if you choose. But I do recommend getting the cellular model, for the map caching abilities. It just makes it so much easier to work quite seemlessly together. Much less hassle, and more fun flying.
The iOS App and Firmware have been pretty much trouble free, from the beginning. Unlike the Android App and firmware which have been problematic, for some users.

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4