Does P4 stop u flying over 400 feet in Australia?

Reaction score
Hi there,

Is it possible to set max alt to 500 meters and go over 400 feet in Australia or does the P4 have inbuilt safeguards to stop this? Also will it fly at night or in national parks.

I'm confused about things I read and hear and am thinking the P4 has programming to over ride the user and not fly at night or over 400 feet.

Has anyone else heard This?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

You can set the max altitude to 500 meters and you can fly at night.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

There's nothing in the P4 software to stop it flying over 400 feet -(just reset the max altitude to whatever you want up to 500 meters)- or at night. However, you need to check your local laws regarding restrictions on height/night flights/National Parks.

Hi there,

Is it possible to set max alt to 500 meters and go over 400 feet in Australia or does the P4 have inbuilt safeguards to stop this? Also will it fly at night or in national parks.

I'm confused about things I read and hear and am thinking the P4 has programming to over ride the user and not fly at night or over 400 feet.

Has anyone else heard This?

Any assistance would be appreciated.
There are no restrictions for flying over most National Parks in Australia (at this stage).

I believe that flying over them is ok but taking off and landing is prohibited. I spoke to CASA yesterday.

I believe that flying over them is ok but taking off and landing is prohibited. I spoke to CASA yesterday.
Commonwealth Nat Parks are restricted. Various state parks have different restrictions and will usually make it clear at the entry point. The restrictions include no fly within an area in the absence of a written permit. We can have the whole they dont own the airspace argument but that doesnt help when you have an over zealous ranger demanding you land trick is to launch from an isolated area and stay well ckear of people. No complaints means no issues.

Handy trick to know :). Thanks everyone for you input. Looks like I have the go ahead from the wife the proceed with purchase.

The sky is no limit..

Handy trick to know :). Thanks everyone for you input. Looks like I have the go ahead from the wife the proceed with purchase.

The sky is no limit..
I was recently in a National Park myself, and yes I did launch the drone from within (not aware of those laws mentioned above). I convinced one guy to buy one, just by him watching me use it. No talking on my part was required.

Commonwealth Nat Parks are restricted. Various state parks have different restrictions and will usually make it clear at the entry point. The restrictions include no fly within an area in the absence of a written permit. We can have the whole they dont own the airspace argument but that doesnt help when you have an over zealous ranger demanding you land trick is to launch from an isolated area and stay well ckear of people. No complaints means no issues.
Yes I agree with the trick of launching from an isolated area away from people. I usually start my walks super early, and go during the week (my work schedule allows me to do this). Up until last week, I never saw another person while using my drone in a National Park.

I'll take care of where I fly if in a national park. Unfortunately some people will complain for the sake complaining. lol forward to seeing what it can do in some of north queens lands magnificent hikes.

This whole attitude of banning things is National Parks really annoys me. They are normally vast remote areas FFS!!!
Fortunately in Britain common sense has prevailed so far. I actually live in a National Park so I would love to see them stop me flying from my own land!

I think the flying at night question refers to the sensors not working correctly in reduced light conditions,however, what do I know, I never fly at night.........YET

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20