Does P4 have precision landing

Reaction score
Does the standard P-4. have precision landing? I have enable Precision Landing ticked in settings, but no
option to use it with auto take off, (like I saw in a youtube video) I looked around but couldn't find the answer.
Thanks.

With the latest firmware the P4 does. The GO 4 app as I remember will on auto take off just tell you that its take off position has been recorded. For the downward facing cameras to get a good fix, do an ascent to around 30' then fly your mission. On Landing or RTH, the GO 4 app will display a "Landing" message when it's over the GPS RTH waypoint, and then add a message below that to show Precision Landing is operating. The down facing cameras and VPS will start actually look down at around a hundred feet.

I am not getting any notifications, or anything that says precision landing, either on auto take off or RTH landing.
I didn't mess with it too much 'cause of high winds from the hurricane off the coast.

Keeping it in the hanger is a good idea considering the wind. As to Precision Landing, that feature was added to the P4 in the latest firmware update (July release). What vers. Is your bird showing?

Keeping it in the hanger is a good idea considering the wind. As to Precision Landing, that feature was added to the P4 in the latest firmware update (July release). What vers. Is your bird showing?
Ah that be why i not see on mine(4.1.3)its mentioned under vps but no switch,i fly litchi aswell 4.1.2 ..its on that just had a look,i see theres a new old update in playstore 4.1.9,,tempted to update but have had no real issues,

The latest firmware has it, but with that Firmware version I had problems with the Downward sensors. I couldn't even calibrat them. I have since sent my bird into DJI and they are replacing the Camera board with a newer version board. They are suppose to go ever the Bird and make sure it has not other problems. I have always manually landed mine.

I finally got a chance to try this again today and it does work.. During auto take off though, I do not receive a notice, and when it hovers, It definitely doesn't use the camera to get
a fix on it's point of origin (both of which I saw it do on youtube videos). The only notice I got was when it was landing and at about 30'. Then it said "precision landing".
I was impressed, as it landed pretty much exactly where it took off from.
Thanks for the responses.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4