Does P3S have IOC?

Reaction score
Maybe silly question, but does P3S have ioc?
My left switch (S2) does nothing... apart from i can initiate rth by flicking it up and down.
Also there is no mention of what the positions of the S2 switch do in the manual.

why would there be no mention of it in the manual? not even on the control page for the S2 switch....
or am i blind?

I don't have a P3S, but I have a P2V which is similar.

On a P2V, first thing you need to do is hook it up to your desktop and go into your Phantom Assistant software and enable IOC. Without doing that, the S2 switch won't do a thing.

STAINLESS, you can find videos that show how to use all of the IOC flight modes here.

Reactions: jointeffort
STAINLESS:
On my new P3S, when you flip S2 to bring up the Modes menu, mine does not. Instead, it ads a new icon (a tetrahedron?) on the left side (under Home Lock icon) that you must tap to bring up the IOC flight modes (which run along the bottom of the screen rather than a box in the center of the screen as shown in the DJI videos). I'm using an iPad Mini, horizontally.
Hope this helps (I've never seen it mentioned before).

Reactions: STAINLESS
On my new P3S, when you flip S2 to bring up the Modes menu, mine does not. Instead, it ads a new icon (a tetrahedron?) on the left side (under Home Lock icon)

DJI-GO-IOC-Menu-P3.png

STAINLESS:
On my new P3S, when you flip S2 to bring up the Modes menu, mine does not. Instead, it ads a new icon (a tetrahedron?) on the left side (under Home Lock icon) that you must tap to bring up the IOC flight modes (which run along the bottom of the screen rather than a box in the center of the screen as shown in the DJI videos). I'm using an iPad Mini, horizontally.
ah yep...
no mention of that in any video i watched (at least 10). none even say you need to be using DJI Go app.

Now the thing is, i just want to make sure its disabled. i had a near miss recently when rth. i was landing in a car park, bird facing me, and pressed forward to come a bit closer to me as there was a car. but the bird went backwards in front of the car.
So i now have a completely different problem, as i was in litchi app using the waypoint mission control. my friend said it was ioc, that kinda made sense at the time but now does not.

In the vid, you see at around 6:30 its facing me, i press forwards but it goes backwards....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

STAINLESS:
The IOC modes are via the S1 switch (right side) not the S2. Switch to the low position. (F mode). The IOC modes need turned on in the GO app for them to work.

Reactions: cfd701
why would there be no mention of it in the manual? not even on the control page for the S2 switch....
or am i blind?
Look again, it's in the manual I downloaded. And again, the IOC is via the S1 switch (right side) not the S2 switch. The S2 only has three functions, RTH, reset the wifi password and relink the RC to drone. It's all in the manual.

Reactions: cfd701
Look again, it's in the manual I downloaded. And again, the IOC is via the S1 switch (right side) not the S2 switch. The S2 only has three functions, RTH, reset the wifi password and relink the RC to drone. It's all in the manual.
Capture_zpszkznbcue.jpg

from the manual i just downloaded from dji site.
are you mistaking P/A/F-Modes for IOC?

Capture_zpszkznbcue.jpg

from the manual i just downloaded from dji site.
are you mistaking P/A/F-Modes for IOC?
No I'm not. F-mode and IOC are one in the same. The F mode position doesn't work until you have IOC turned on in the app. Then when you switch the S1 (right side) to the F position, that's IOC. "Course lock, Home lock, Waypoints and Follow me and POI". It's also needed when using some flight app such as litchi.

so confusing...
so all the videos saying the left stick controls ioc are wrong?
then THIS guy says you need to be in ATTI or GPS mode...

seriously, how can there be so many contradicting instructions? i literally dont think ive found the same instruction twice...
Still can't find a single mention of "IOC" in the manual.

so confusing...
so all the videos saying the left stick controls ioc are wrong?
then THIS guy says you need to be in ATTI or GPS mode...

seriously, how can there be so many contradicting instructions? i literally dont think ive found the same instruction twice...
Still can't find a single mention of "IOC" in the manual.
If you had looked more closer at that link you just posted, you would see he's talking about the Phantom 2, not the Phantom 3. Never had one so maybe that's how they worked. But we have Phantom 3's.

Cool... That eliminates one...
Think i'll just leave it as there's different ways that must work for different people. A few of those are mentioned in this thread.
I just have not discovered the way that works for me yet.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31